Author Topic: Ware  (Read 881 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ware
« on: Thursday 21 January 16 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone able to check for a couple of burials and possibly christenings in Ware in the 18th century?

Matt

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ware
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 January 16 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Lots of Ware info available so happy to try and help - if we know who to look for  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 January 16 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Lots of Ware info available so happy to try and help - if we know who to look for  ;D

Hi

Thanks for that. I am trying to identify the parents of Mary Halfhide/Halfhead. I will send more details shortly (I don't have my notes to hand at the moment).

Matt

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 January 16 22:48 GMT (UK) »

Quite a few "Mary Halfhide" refs on H.A.L.S.

R

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 January 16 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

The Halfhide link may be a false trail. My ancestor John Hizzard (or Izzard) married Harriett Hopkins in Canterbury in 1821. Unfortunately I can't find my notes on the Hizzards past John at the moment and having looked at my notes I think I might have some gaps as I don't have John's baptism listed but I do have details of baptisms and marriages for [H]Izzards prior to this.

There are several John Izzards born in Ware between 1787 and 1803 but I can't remember which one connects to my line. I will have to go back to my notes on the Hizzards to check the dates and go from there.

Matt