Author Topic: Emma Siggers lambeth 1836  (Read 1044 times)

Offline woodtonsmithy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emma Siggers lambeth 1836
« on: Friday 22 January 16 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hiya, trying to find some information on Emma Siggers. I know she was born 1836 in Lambeth.
and Married to William Siggers born 1842 in Ipswich and was a preacher in London.
Does anyone know any more?
Thank you

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Siggers lambeth 1836
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 January 16 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi as you have seen or can readily view the 1881 census, then Emma was a Widow when she married William Siggers as Emma Sarah Drane June qtr 1870 St Saviour 1d 727, one of the stepchildren was a Sophia Drane christened Sophia Amy Drane 1st January 1858 St John, Bethnal Green, Marriage Henry Drane to Emma Sarah Palmer 9th May 1854 St George Camberwell her father was a Joseph Palmer occ Cordwainer
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 January 16 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Well done, Keyboard86.
Emma Sarah Palmer baptised 30 Jun 1837, St John the Evangelist, Lambeth, parents Joseph and Sarah; Joseph was a shoemaker. I think they lived in Union Street.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 January 16 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Are you descended from this couple, or are you wanting more information just on Emma? I assume you have her later details and death.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 January 16 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Well done, Keyboard86.
Emma Sarah Palmer baptised 30 Jun 1837, St John the Evangelist, Lambeth, parents Joseph and Sarah; Joseph was a shoemaker. I think they lived in Union Street.

Think the mother of Emma Sarah Palmer was a Sophia as just checked baptism for address as family 1841/51 are hard to spot?!
Seeing the baptism was at St John's a possible marriage of a Joseph Palmer to Sophia Smith 23rd January 1832.

Also Emma in 1861 aged 26 Widow occ Mangler b Westminster? with Henry 2 b Bethnal Green and an infant daughter 3 weeks I believe the daughter was a Charlotte Grace Drane who poor girl was born and died June qtr 1861 Hackney, within the household is who I believe is the mother of Henry a Catherine Drane aged 54 Widow b Bethnal Green
Census Ref RG09/183/9/18

In 1871 Emma/William Sigger have as one of the stepchildren a Willie b 1867 Bermondsey, he appears to have been registered as Willie D???Nex Drane June qtr 1867 Bermondsey 1d 92 he appears as a Sigger in 1881 above, where he goes from the 1881 and under what surname I do not know!
1871 Census RG10/632/110/34
Keyboard86

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 January 16 06:08 GMT (UK) »
Well spotted! My mistake, reading what I was typing instead of reading what I should have been typing.  :-[

Offline woodtonsmithy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 January 16 21:00 GMT (UK) »
To Keyboard 86 and Pine family.
Thank you so much for the information it is fantastic I did not know where to expand the family tree with regard to Emma. she is in my family tree and I am trying to get back as far as I can. the only info I had on Emma was what I mentioned at the start. I do not know her date of death. Thank you again for all your help.
Jonathan

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 January 16 21:14 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Hi glad to help, but Emma 1841/51 and what looks to be an illegitimate birth of William D Drane 1867 Bermondsey, as it would appear Emma is a Widow in 1861?
Sophia aged 3 b Bethnal Green in 1861 is with an Ormond Rehead Delve who married a Charlotte Drane. Sophia is shown as Niece, I have more but will let you digest our findings!
Keyboard86

PS so just who is your direct ancestor?

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 January 16 21:30 GMT (UK) »
There are two not very well sourced trees on ancestry that have Willie Dimmex Drane b 1868 Essex died New South Wales in 1945, with a wife b 1900