Author Topic: Eric Henry Clifford 1916-1993  (Read 6409 times)

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jane Bellot, sister to my 5gt-grannie!
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Henry Clifford 1916-1993
« Reply #90 on: Monday 12 December 16 12:32 GMT (UK) »
On the OS map around the turn of the 19-20 century, Portsea Island Union House (and infectious diseases hospital) is shown on the land in the area bounded by Milton Road, St Mary's Road and the railway line. Close neighbours were the prison and the cemetery! Looking at google maps, that looks like a building site now, with one new road running into the site - Whitcombe Gardens.  (of course it may have been further built on since the latest Google aerial photography).

This link will allow you to compare the area then and now:

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sidebyside.cfm#zoom=16&lat=50.8025&lon=-1.0637&layers=171&right=BingHyb
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Leic)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Cheshire/Leicester)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Patch23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Henry Clifford 1916-1993
« Reply #91 on: Monday 12 December 16 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Annie,
Thanks for that a very interesting system which I have now saved to my favourites.

Cheers

Patch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.