Author Topic: John Clark  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: John Clark
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 January 16 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shaye (nice name),

Following on from the info. from the rest so far, all the info. will be accessible & downloadable with extra info. with both sets of parents names along with maiden surnames from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk at a reasonable price.

Annie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tmm65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 August 16 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Therese and I am the granddaughter of John Clark. I am in the process of researching my family tree through his line for my mum. Her name is Margaret and she was born April 21st 1945. She has the same day  of birth as her father John. Mum's mother was Jessie Bristow. I am not sure if your Great Uncle would know anything about my mum because John died 3 weeks after she was born. If am sure this will come as a shock to members of your family but I'm hopeful that they will be understanding.
It is my understanding that your great grandmother Doris died in Feb 1944 and John in May 1945. I don't know the circumstances that led to the birth of my mum because my Nanna never mentioned a word to mum and any one else who might have known anything has passed away. As you can imagine everything would have been hush hush and swept under the carpet.
Mum was told nothing of her paternity although I think she had her suspicions and she didn't find out her paternity until she was 50. I have just recently found information on John Clark for mum and I don't think she has processed it yet...a bit shell shocked I think! As we all are. I have been unable to find much of anything on John post World War 1.
I am eager to find out as much as I can about relatives of John's and curious to see if any still reside here in Adelaide.
Please please contact me through this forum.

Therese

Offline ShayeRebecca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 August 16 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Therese,

My name is Shaye and I am the great grand daughter of John and Doris Clark. My Dad would be your half cousin. I've spoken to my Dad and it appears that my family does know about your Mum.

I am happy to help and try to answer as many questions as possible.

Shaye

Offline tmm65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 August 16 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Shaye, so pleased that you responded so quickly. Would you mind if we exchanged email addresses so that we may correspond that way. Unfortunately this site is a little confusing for me to navigate! Took me forever to find your reply once I had received an email notification.
My email is (*)
I must say that I'm a little stunned that your family knew about mum but I can't wait to fill in the gaps for her.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Therese

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ShayeRebecca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 August 16 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Therese,

Will send you an email now

Shaye

Offline Bronniepfi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Clark of Lanarkshire
« Reply #14 on: Monday 10 December 18 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi.I saw your post re John Clark of Lanarkshire and I am sure that he was the brother of my great grandfather James Scott Clark.
Please send me a message- I would really like to make contact with ShayeRebecca who posted about John Clark initially.
Bronwen
Clark, Carter, Reeve, Warwick

Offline Bronniepfi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Clark of Lanarkshire
« Reply #15 on: Monday 10 December 18 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi ShayeRebecca
Saw your posts re John Clark in Lanarkshire. I am certain that he is the younger brother of my great grandfather James Scott Clark.
Would love to make contact with you re the Clark family tree. I have lots to share.
Regards
Bronwen :)
Clark, Carter, Reeve, Warwick

Offline ShayeRebecca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 10 December 18 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bronniepfi,

I would love to chat more. It’s been a long time since I starting looking. You can email at ******* looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline Gavin Peter Clark

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 22 February 19 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone my name is Gavin Peter Clark my Grandfather is John Clark, Ian Bruce Clark is my father (Im his youngest son).
I have two boys Jack Scott Clark and Connor Michael Clark.

Im your dads 1st cousin Shaye and around 11-12 years younger than Craig (I haven't seen you since you were little).
I know a little about John but not much about his brother(s) or other family in Scotland or South Africa (I think?)
Im also aware of Jessie and Margaret.

Would be nice to hear from some relatives and maybe learn a little more about old Jock Clark!