Author Topic: James OWEN born around 1720 Shropshire  (Read 849 times)

Offline zebelix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James OWEN born around 1720 Shropshire
« on: Tuesday 02 February 16 13:31 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for records leading to information relating to the parents of James OWEN who married Elizabeth BEARD at Benthall 11 June 1744. Her father was Eustace BEARD a trowman on the River Severn b.1701 d.1761 (he has a cast iron grave marker in Benthall churchyard) any help with this search would be very much appreciated.
LEWIS, WOODCOCK, ALLWOOD, WITHERINGTON, ASH, CURTIS, WILLIAMSON, FANTOM, FREE, PARKER, MARROW, SHICKELL, ELLIOTT, REVELL, NEVITT, KNEVIT, WHITEMAN.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James OWEN born around 1720 Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 06:33 GMT (UK) »
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NKCM-VYC
eustace 1747
james 1756
thomas 1745
john 1759
edward 1754
busk 1761 ............all Madeley - parents James and Elizabeth ....I presume that Benthall is close to Madeley ....and a child named Eustace would suggest it is the right family - named after Elizabeths father ...maybe look for a Busk Owen as a sibling to James ???...may show fathers name
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline zebelix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Dear Garstonite

Thank you very much for looking into this for me, I have found the births of those children, it is the birth of their father James Owen born about 1720 (I am presuming) that is alluding me. He married Elizabeth Beard in 1744.

Best wishes

Felix

LEWIS, WOODCOCK, ALLWOOD, WITHERINGTON, ASH, CURTIS, WILLIAMSON, FANTOM, FREE, PARKER, MARROW, SHICKELL, ELLIOTT, REVELL, NEVITT, KNEVIT, WHITEMAN.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 February 16 14:57 GMT (UK) »
There are online records for Benthall, and a possible/maybe for your James is a birth 27/May/1722 parents James and Mary, but it doesn't give the Christian name. I looked at the hand-written marriage online, and thought that it said he was from Benthall, rather than that was where the marriage was held.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline zebelix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 February 16 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for finding that, it certainly fits.
Best wishes
Felix