Author Topic: The Times wants your views: DNA ethnicity results  (Read 57037 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: The Times wants your views: DNA ethnicity results
« Reply #333 on: Friday 09 June 17 18:13 BST (UK) »
No, didn't work as that time I got an email notification!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Saturday 10 June 17 15:54 BST (UK) »
Perhaps, groom,  if we both SCREAM loudly, at the same time....?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Monday 12 June 17 00:54 BST (UK) »
I am getting bored with DNA - I prefer to do plain old family searches.   I don't even bother to erase them, I just ignore them - I thought I had been searching for relatives not cells. zzzzz
Now where is that button to stop the adverts ......................
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Monday 12 June 17 01:45 BST (UK) »
It's really perfectly all right not to be interested in something ... but probably best not to continually deprecate those who are.

What I wish is that I'd stop getting all the notices about people complaining about getting notices! :D

Maybe there's a thread about that someplace.

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Monday 12 June 17 08:05 BST (UK) »
I too am fed up with this coming through
I have already deleted it a few time
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Monday 12 June 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, but why does anyone who actually does want to discuss the subject of this thread care that someone else, who contributed to the thread at some point, has now decided they don't?

Is it normal practice to complain every time one gets notice of something one has tired of, in the thread in question?

If people are having problems with the functionality of this site, surely they should go to some sort of help or complaints forum to work them out.

These problems are not the subject of this thread.

I assure you that I feel pretty much the same way -- I'm tired of getting notifications of additions to the thread, which is about a subject that does interest me, and coming here and finding nothing but more complaints about notifications.

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Monday 12 June 17 15:53 BST (UK) »
It did interest me, JaneyCanuck ... at the start, but after one has tried several times to remove oneself from the notification list, and failed ... and then found that others are in the same boat, it makes me wonder why the system doesn't seem to work ... and that's at least of as much, if not more interest to me at the moment as the original topic ... which also seems to have been going round in circles for ever, and a couple of score pages!
So sorry that it upset you. Perhaps you can think of a way to delete that actually works for us all? Or if the original poster closed this thread, and started another, on DNA testing ( because surely the "Times" will by now have lost interest) then I'll know not to click on it?
Thank you for your advice.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Monday 12 June 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
I am closing this post, the times has had some interesting comments and has not been following recent updates.

If you are no longer following a thread then you can click on the "unnotify button" and you will no longer be notified on the topic.

If someone is having problems then please get in touch with us directly as we are unable to read every post. If you do click on the contact support then please do let us know your username or what email address you are using for us to help you out - someone did complain this morning but without a username or email it is difficult to help to which I replied but they did not come back to me.

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk