Author Topic: Francis H Warren  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Ronin1950

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis H Warren
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 November 18 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Just joined roots chat , yes F.H. Warren
Was my grandfather . It was me who posted the picture of him many years ago at the London Hippodrome 1921. Theatre in London.
I have lots of information and pictures of him . Answer a few questions yes he left his first wife Ada in 1918 and in 1924 was living common law with my Grandmother Florence Cable ( nee Auster) who divorced her first husband. My father was born in 1924 Francis Badger Warren in London. They moved to Stratford in Avon then Aberystweth for a year then back to Stratford living at 60 Evasham Road . I am the son of Francis Badger Warren . I was born 8 Nov Belfast 1950 now living in Calgary Canada .

Offline Robertkirkpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 November 18 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for posting this.  I'll absorb the extra information in due course and get back to you.  In the meantime, I'd posted a piece on F.H. Warren (which obviously needs revising) on a friend's blog last year - here's the link:

https://bearalley.blogspot.com/search?q=%22F+H+Warren%22

Do let me know if I've made any other mistakes!

Robert Kirkpatrick

Offline LatinaInglesa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 October 23 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hello all, I am the great granddaughter of 'Marnie' which was the nickname of Isobel Florence Auster. My paternal grandfather was John Derrek Cable, son of Marnie, and half-brother to Badger. Our family believed Marnie and Francis Warren to be married, but after some research, it looks like they never married. We have a beautiful portrait by Francis, painted in oils of Marnie, which hangs in my uncle's house. I have attached a photo of the portrait, and a photo of my grandfather John Derrek Cable, Marnie's son.

Offline LatinaInglesa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 October 23 20:28 BST (UK) »
Just joined roots chat , yes F.H. Warren
Was my grandfather . It was me who posted the picture of him many years ago at the London Hippodrome 1921. Theatre in London.
I have lots of information and pictures of him . Answer a few questions yes he left his first wife Ada in 1918 and in 1924 was living common law with my Grandmother Florence Cable ( nee Auster) who divorced her first husband. My father was born in 1924 Francis Badger Warren in London. They moved to Stratford in Avon then Aberystweth for a year then back to Stratford living at 60 Evasham Road . I am the son of Francis Badger Warren . I was born 8 Nov Belfast 1950 now living in Calgary Canada .

So my father and uncle must be your cousins! Or I guess half-cousins?