Author Topic: 1956 Family..Looking for Edward and Elizabeth DAVIES, Penyffordd information  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Pamela Kenworthy-Larsen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1956 Family..Looking for Edward and Elizabeth DAVIES, Penyffordd information
« on: Thursday 04 February 16 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Since this is more recent I thought perhaps it could jog memories. Looking for the names of 4 children who lived in Penyffordd/Hawarden/Mold. They were born to Elizabeth (Hughes) Davies and Edward Davies who were married in Doddleston in 1917. I would assume the children started coming around 1918 to 1930. There were 4 "Davies" children. In 1939 they are listed as living in the "Thistleton House, Hawarden R.D. Flintshire, Wales. They must have attended school in that area. Their father, Edward is listed as, a "Steel Works Charger Driver" in 1939. In 1956 Edward (the father) dies at, "Thistleton House, Penyffordd, Flintshire. Was wondering if there would have been death notices for Edward in 1956 that lists children. Any help appreciated. Pamela

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1956 Family..Looking for Edward and Elizabeth DAVIES, Penyffordd information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 February 16 22:12 GMT (UK) »
I assume that they are not fully named in the 1939 register.If there are initials,you could cross match them with data from www.freebmd.org.uk.There you can list births in Hawarden district of Davies children with mother's maiden name Hughes in the period of interest.There are not many listed.Perhaps you could identify regular family names that occur if you have the lineage of Edward and his wife(not definitive of course).

Regards
Roger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1956 Family..Looking for Edward and Elizabeth DAVIES, Penyffordd information
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 February 16 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roger
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. OK, did just what you told me. I went to freeBMD (very familiar with it) and I have  subscriptions to AncestryUK and findmypast. I have a list of 17 DAVIES born between 1918 to 1927 with Mothers maiden as HUGHES, all born in Hawarden. There are no baptisms so I get rather stuck here, as I cannot confirm 1st name of Mother as "Elizabeth" (HUGHES). Parents were married in Doddleston, at St. Mary's but I cannot find online baptisms for St. Mary's. What should I do? Yes, I should fly over from the states, get a nice lodging and spend my days at the Flintshire records office!!! I wish. I would surely be willing to pay someone to do some look ups! Any ideas?
Thanks, Pamela

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 February 16 08:12 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth looking at www.fhsc.org.uk(Family History Society of Cheshire).If I have read it correctly there appears to be a copy of the parish registers published up to 1970(CD,ref 136,cost £20,order from Len Davenport).Please double check the details.
Again,to be sure,do the full family details not appear in the 1939 register?I have never tried to go the stage beyond initial enquiry and "unlock" details of any specific record,presumably at extra cost.
If neither of these routes prove fruitful and an enquiry to Flintshire Record Office shows they(rather than,or as well as,Cheshire) hold the records for these dates,I could pay a visit to look for you(I am less than an hour away).

Regards
Roger

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 February 16 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you unlocked the 1939 entry.  I am only assuming you may have as you have the address.  If so who does it name.  The 'officially closed' entries would be for people who may still be living so even opening the record will not disclose their names.

What date did Edward die so that anyone looking for a notice in the paper has some idea when to look.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 February 16 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Rosie99's reply prompts me to remind you,as I should have before,that Rootschat is not intended to find living people and the policy is not to refer by name to anybody who may still be alive.Please take note of this should you succeed in your quest.

Regards
Roger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 February 16 04:35 GMT (UK) »
Roger
Thank you again for the help and reply. I did unlock the 1939 register but it only shows "Edward and Elizabeth (HUGHES) Davies and 4 more people, that are locked. I believe this could be their 4 children. So irritating!! Please read my replies to Jo on the chat too. You both have been so nice to reply and help. I am going to sit back and think for a while. I have ordered some death certificates I am waiting for trying to find the death of the correct "Elizabeth Hughes Davies.
Thank you, Pamela

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 February 16 08:19 GMT (UK) »

What date did Edward die so that anyone looking for a notice in the paper has some idea when to look.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 February 16 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Rosie
Thanks for the reply and you are so right! "EDWARD DAVIES", died July 3, 1956 at his home in Penyfford, Flintshire