Author Topic: John Kingsbury from Little Waldingfield  (Read 453 times)

Offline woodtonsmithy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Kingsbury from Little Waldingfield
« on: Sunday 07 February 16 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi there is anyone have any information on John Kingsbury's marriage to Elizabeth (surname unknown) in 1792 Little Waldingfield.
and James Kingsbury his father who married a Mary Stock and an Elizabeth Border?
Thankyou for reading this post and any help you can provide
Jonthan

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: John Kingsbury from Little Waldingfield
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 16 18:46 GMT (UK) »
This enquiry would probably do better on the Suffolk board.  If you hit 'Report to Moderator' at the bottom right of your post and ask for it to be moved to Suffolk, one of our lovely Mods will oblige.

Carol (ex-resident of East Suffolk)
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Kingsbury from Little Waldingfield
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 February 16 00:34 GMT (UK) »
I am assuming that these details are taken from online trees - I personally think a lot of assumptions/guesstimates have been made.

First of all, there is no marriage of a John Kingsbury to an Elizabeth in Little Waldingfield (LW marriages are on familysearch).

Secondly, I note the online trees state that John was born 1764 Great Waldingfield BUT there is no age given on John's burial details!

I think that John was older than has been assumed - a John Kingsbury married an Elizabeth Orvis 23/10/1781 Kersey (just a hop and a skip away) and 3 children baptised there:

Mahale bp.2/7/1782, bur.20/8/1783
William    )
Elizabeth  ) both bp.14/9/1783

then nothing - no burials in Kersey for them after 1783 so they clearly moved on.

Think they are the couple who ended up in Little Waldingfield by 1794 but can't say if any other children born between 1783 and 1794 or where they were in that time.

I think it has just been 'assumed' that because they are in LW by 1794 that they were newly married (ca.1792?) and the best 'fit' age-wise is the John bp.1764 Great Waldingfield.   I personally don't think that was him at all.   Just my opinion for what it's worth.

At the end of day, no-one knows how old John was when he died 1798, and there is certainly no marriage between a John and Elizabeth ca.1792 Little Waldingfield (or anywhere else in records online for Suffolk around this time).  With the family I found at Kersey 'disappearing' from there after 1783 they seem a likely family to have ended up in LW.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk