Author Topic: Rosina Lesa Jones  (Read 1266 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rosina Lesa Jones
« on: Tuesday 09 February 16 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi every one, I received a birth certificate yesterday and i'm a little puzzled. Can you tell me what this means?

District: Droitwich, Ombersley, County of Worcester.

03rd June 1887,     Rosina        Girl   Edward    Annie   Blacksmith  Annie Jones    23rd
Anchor Inn             Lesa                  Thomas   Jones                    Mother            July
Hartlebury.                                      Jones      formerly                40 Mc Clintock  1887
R.S.D??                                                        Frankland               Street,
                                                                                               Barrow In Furness.
                                                                                               Lancashire.
                                                                                               As per Declaration
                                                                                               dated July 16th
                                                                                                July 1887

What does it mean: As per Declaration?? Is there some more paper work "somewhere"??

Many thanks for your thoughts. Shirley.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Lesa Jones
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Guesswork

Births had to be registered within 42 days.  Ignoring day of birth that gives 26 days left in June plus 16 days to 16th July = 42 days

Perhaps for some reason parents could not actually register the birth within the 42 days so made some kind of declaration on the 42nd day - as I said - guesswork

See also reply 3 on this 2006 link.  Your couple were married Dec qtr 1886

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=172653.0

RSD stands for Rural Sanitory District - USD = Urban Sanitory District.  They were what we now know as local councils
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 05:43 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks guys for your explanations. All makes sense now......Bye Shirley. :)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 February 16 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at the parish registers for Hartlebury as that may throw some light on the topic.  A bit of extra info - I notice the birthplace is the Anchor Inn, I believe this was also known as the Crown Inn & stood on what is now the A449 at the junction with Crown Lane opposite the Hartlebury ESSO garage. The Crown was demolished so that the main Worcester Road could be built.

If you cant get to Worcester then I can have a look at the parish registers next time Im on holiday in the county of my birth.

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 February 16 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil, many thanks for the extra info. Years ago, i contacted a man called John Cook who was writing a book on the "pubs" of Worcester and the Anchor Inn was featured. He actually sent me a picture of it and also did a drawing as well. I think my G-Grandfather Edward Thomas Jones was featured as a licensee. Many thanks again for all your info. Best wishes, Shirley in Melbourne.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 February 16 12:38 GMT (UK) »
have a look at this postcard that shows the Crown in the distance & it appears to be almost in the middle of the road, this was the old road to Worcester so you can see why it had to be demolished when the new Worcester road was built

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 February 16 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi philheeks,
                        Well how did you ever find that, it sure is a great find. Yes, it is in an unusual place. I have tried to "download" it but it only comes up about 4x a postage stamp, and when i enlarge it, it becomes very "grainy"  Would it be possible for me to get a "proper" copy, i would dearly love to have this in my collection?

Many thanks again for sharing this with me, i'm very grateful. Best wishes, Shirley.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 February 16 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirley

Sorry this is the best I can do at the moment as a cousin sent me this years ago & it came through to me that size mores the pity - my cousin is not very technically minded so I think I was lucky to even get that image from her

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 05 March 16 11:32 GMT (UK) »
I got my cousins son to re send this postcard that his mother has so hope you are able to do more with it this time as it should come through a bit larger

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell