Author Topic: Gt Gt Grandfather From Prussia.  (Read 2227 times)

Offline didi55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gt Gt Grandfather From Prussia.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 February 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Good luck with your research Andy - I too have been searching for information about my Prussian Gt Gt Grandfather (born in Danzig) and Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, both Ship Masters.  Very difficult to find records from Prussia (in my opinion).  My ancestor, b 1924 and settled in Greenock.

Offline scottbrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 February 16 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Good luck with your research Andy - I too have been searching for information about my Prussian Gt Gt Grandfather (born in Danzig) and Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, both Ship Masters.  Very difficult to find records from Prussia (in my opinion).  My ancestor, b 1924 and settled in Greenock.
[/quote

Thank you, and good luck to you on your journey.
I had great success on the ancestry web site,I received a whole load of info on my ancestors in Prussia.
Andy.

Offline ClanCraft

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 June 16 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been researching the same couple. I believe Peter Craft was born c. 1800. Sophia's parents were Adolphus Rode and Theresia Moenikes according to another family member. The Rode line goes as far back as 1645.
I cannot send private messages as yet, but would love to exchange information with you.

Your distant relative...

Offline scottbrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi ClanCraft,
Wow that is fantastic news,it is my mother Elizabeth Craft Webster Moffat's side,Mum is 88 and resides in a care home with dementia.
Its been an easy journey for me so far and i did get up to Sophia's parents,i had in the past obtained a lot of info from my uncle and my great uncle H Craft,i was able to get an online census of Peter and Sophia's household they had quite a large family listed plus there were other names added ,the latter could be staff as it appears that they had a large house,i reckon they had a connection in shipping as maritime careers seem to be prominent and for the fact that their son Henry came over to Scotland on a sugar boat,just my thinking,i plan in the future to take a trip to their hometown in Stralsund and try and find out more.

Kind Regards,
Andy.
PS i know you cant send PM's but i will send you my email address.

Offline scrafty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 June 21 01:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott.

Not even sure if you're still on this forum but we share the same G Grandfather Henry Craft from Stralsund. I have considerable info on family since his arrival in Scotland and happy to share but I have nothing on his family from Germany except for the parents listed on his marriage certificate, Peter and Sofia.

If you're still interested I'm happy for you to reach out.

Cheers.

Scott Craft

Offline scrafty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy. Are you still on this forum? Hoping you can send your email so we can share more info. Cheers. Scott