Author Topic: Dating Photograph - T Tufnell Thompson, Blackpool  (Read 2493 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Photograph - T Tufnell Thompson, Blackpool
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 February 16 19:01 GMT (UK) »
That was just an example to show that Ernest Ayrton Thompson was working as a photographer in Blackpool at the time of his father's death.  He is still listed as a photographer on the 1901 census and living at 13 Wellington Terrace (same as his fathers address in 1891)  retired to Torquay sometime between 1901 and 1911.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline David Lea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again everyone for your responses... sometimes 'more questions than answers' but all very interesting.

I can't be 100% certain it is the right family Carol but I'm pretty certain it is... I even showed it to my Mum again yesterday and she feels confident the man in the middle is her father, so I'm happy to go with that.

Thanks again

David

Offline tjwhite1963

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 22:06 GMT (UK) »
The photographer's name is "T. TuSnell Thompson," using the now-obsolete "Long-S." Not "Tufnell." I am in possession of an original photo from the same photographer. The same fake rock wall occurs in both photos. I wish I could upload it here, but the size restriction prohibits me.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 22:32 GMT (UK) »
The photographer's name is "T. TuSnell Thompson," using the now-obsolete "Long-S." Not "Tufnell." I am in possession of an original photo from the same photographer. The same fake rock wall occurs in both photos. I wish I could upload it here, but the size restriction prohibits me.

Hi and welcome to RootsChat, the file Limit on here is just below 500kbs. If you try again you have to rename the file.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU