Author Topic: ** POSTEMS on FreeBMD **  (Read 15201 times)

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ** POSTEMS on FreeBMD **
« Reply #63 on: Monday 28 May 18 18:06 BST (UK) »

Do you know if it is possible to search for surname and registration district together? If it is possible please explain how to do it.
I've tried but get 'no results with that criteria' and yet I've seen results from individual searches that contain both. With a name like Wilson there are numerous results from all over the country and I'm really only interested in Wigan and nearby.

I think if you put the surname in "Information contains" and the District in "Record contains", you should get the results you are looking for.

Thanks, it did cut the number of postems returned on the individual searches. There were just two returns from a search of all BMD.
However it does rely on the informant mentioning the name in the postem and not all postems repeat the info already in the record.
Still one can't always get what one wants.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.