Author Topic: MOD can reissue returned WW1 medals  (Read 13246 times)

Offline fortmap2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MOD can reissue returned WW1 medals
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 16 December 18 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Here is the wedding photo, I'm not sure that anything can be determined from it, but thanks for looking!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 16 December 18 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi......not much to go on but a couple of possible are.....

July 1915
 Sgt. Major john Chapman and Emmeline Goodman. The roll of honour records him as RE.
The other George Baker to Elizabeth Mary Seems( various spellings of name on different documents).again the roll of honour states RE snapper.
George & Elizabeth married at the Wesleyan chapel. That did not have this amount of space around it.
John's bride was the organist at the Baptist chapel but that fronts onto the road so not there.
The parish church All Saints has a bricked/ cobbled walk way. It rained all day when we married and I was nervous about it being slippery.it may have been different back then.
 Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline fortmap2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your thoughts, tazzie.

Neither of those names appear written on any of the other photos, so I think that one might remain a mystery.

Offline fortmap2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Back on page 8 of this thread, my sister posted a medals document with a few names on it, including KEELING, William E., our grandfather.
At the top of the document, two places above our grandfather, is a Sgt. THOMPSON, William E.

We have several photos of a Sgt. Ted Thompson, in Leighton Buzzard, and some locations in France (specifically, Bailleul and Yvetote).
I guess that "E" stands for Edward and it is the same man listed in the medals document.

Here is Ted Thompson, in Leighton Buzzard, July 1915. I think he is not yet a sergeant here: