Author Topic: Deliverance Wilton  (Read 1967 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Deliverance Wilton
« on: Thursday 18 February 16 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Is anyone able to help with the transcribing of a will of a man called Deliverance Wilton? He was born in Daventry, Northamptonshire in 1589 and as far as I can gather he died in London in 1627? His will is on Ancestry UK, but his first name is actually listed incorrectly as Delinerance). Mentions mother and father, brothers Thomas, George and Edward and sister Patience. Also mentions Aunt Pledall (?). Any help much appreciated. :)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Deliverance Wilton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 February 16 12:23 GMT (UK) »
I suggest you have a go yourself first of all, and then post small sections of the will together with your own transcription so that others can help fill in the gaps.

It's really best to try yourself first of all - everyone has to start somewhere  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 February 16 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Oxford University Alumni, 1500-1886.
Is  this the same man listed in here.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 February 16 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, many thanks to all who have replied. Much appreciated! To be honest with you there probably wouldn't be much I could post as the writing is hard for me to understand, plus my eyesight isn't too great so I wouldn't want to mislead anyone with what I posted.
Thanks for suggestions though. :)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 February 16 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Deliverance Wilton was a fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford (his father George Wilton went there also). He was baptized in Daventry, Northamptonshire I believe in January 1589 and died in 1627, as far as I know unmarried as his will (what I can gather) doesn't mention a wife or children. The only bits I can make out are the mention of his parents, brothers and sister, an Aunt whose surname I cannot decipher and some friends(?) and the poor who he leaves some money too?
Will keep on looking and many thanks. :)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 February 16 13:22 GMT (UK) »
If you can post bits of the image that you are having trouble with I'm sure someone will be able to decipher it for you ;)
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 February 16 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Shorn of the formalities, here is the guts:

...to my ffather and mother xxLi apeece next my brother Thomas, Georg

Edward xLi apeece to my Sister Patence xLi and a releasment of that debt as he stands bound to mee for

I give to my Aunt Pledall xxs To my Uncle Toby Pledwell xs I doe release Thomas Pledall of a debt he

oweth mee ^And^ I give my Uncle Wilton moneys xLi / I give my Uncle Randall and his Children xiiijLi amongst them I ^give^

Richard Jen(n)ynges him his wife and children viijLi I give to Goody Hampton I give to John Stone moneys vLi / the

taile I give to Boshell my Serviter xLi in moneys I give amongst the poore Schollers of Magdalen Colledge vLi

to bee given at the discreation of my Executors I give to James ffarmer Hosier of London moneys xiiijLi my will

is that John Brockhus shall have one yeare after my decease to paye in what moneys he oweth mee...

Father is executor
Witnesses are John Paynter and Ellyabeth Dankes

The bequests to his siblings are somewhat confused.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 February 16 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Probate
The above-written will was proved at London before Master Edmund Pope, Doctor of Laws, Surrogate of the Worshipful Lord Henry Marten, Knight, also Doctor of Laws, Master Keeper or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted, on the twenty ninth day of the month of November in the year of the Lord one thousand six hundred and twenty seven (29 November 1627), by the oath of George Wilton, father of the said deceased and the executor named in this will, to whom was granted administration of all and singular the goods, rights and credits of the said deceased, to well and faithfully administer the same, sworn on the Holy Evangelists of God.  Examined.

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 February 16 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
   Many thanks to all who have helped with this amazing information! Very much appreciated and has helped very much with further possible leads. Thank you so much. :D