Author Topic: william hanbridge  (Read 377 times)

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william hanbridge
« on: Friday 19 February 16 20:09 GMT (UK) »
While talking to a cousin I was told that a  William Hanbridge was sent over to N.S.W. Australia app1830.I do not know what for,but the ship was the Blenhelm,we think.We think he would have been sent to Sydney,after that we know nothing,any help with this much appreciated,tom

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: william hanbridge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 February 16 21:31 GMT (UK) »
There is quite a bit about him here  http://www.jenwilletts.com/searchaction.php

Age 21. Reads and writes. Stockman from Wicklow. Tried in Tipperary 21 October 1833 and sentenced to 7 years transportation for stealing an ass.  He was on Blenheim 1834

He was at Newcastle at the hospital.  Various  misdeeds.   Last mention in 1837 he was assigned to Government service and has alternative name of Humbridge and he was washing soiled sheets as a wardsman in Newcastle Hospital

regards
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 February 16 04:49 GMT (UK) »
Watch the spelling for the surname in this post  :)

William HAMBRIDGE Blenheim 1834, Certificate of Freedom 30 Nov 1842,  #42/2060
http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexes/searchform.aspx?id=65&new=1

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 February 16 05:29 GMT (UK) »
thank you Rosball and Majm,very interesting,he went through a lot.I am glad he got his freedom.I cant blame him for not wanting to share his berth,seems like a stubborn man,at least one lived to get his freedom,tom