Author Topic: NSW Electoral Rolls  (Read 2587 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Electoral Rolls
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 February 16 06:34 GMT (UK) »
An obit to the George HEWITT who won the money (and became penniless within a year  :( )
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article214784454.
He died in 1924 at his son Arthur's residence.

adding : From NSW BDM he was a George H Hewitt
Death
1924 HEWITT George H , father John, mother Mary at Bingara

Likely the informant may have known details of George H HEWITT's marriage, including when and where married and to whom married, and details of the children of the marriage too.  If so, this info  should be on the death registration.   NSW BDM website nominates official transcribers, and a full transcription would list all the info on the death registration.     If son Arthur was the informant, then Arthur likely provided details about his own mum when organising the funeral director to lodge the civil registration of the death.   :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 February 16 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Who was Ruth E HEWITT of Bingara?  death registration # 12093 for 1915 NSW BDM (Parents as Benjamin and Mary)   (DD 3 July 1915)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Freckle

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks heaps jm,
I was looking for that death and totally missed it, I knew it was 1924 as Bingara Cemetery is online. Ruth Elizabeth is his wife...I think. At least she is accredited to that on Arthurs grave entry.
Don't know what my friend will say when she finds great, great grandmother was a prostitute.oops.
I got a lot of the full information from LDS for some of the children, but not the marriage.
Arthur is my friends direct line. Probably better off with Ruths death transcript as George was still alive to give the information.
Still unsure about it all, will wake up properly soon and get back to it.
Thanks again jm, great information for me.

Cheers
Freckle
Robertson, Coulon, Philipofski, Jewell, Minchinton, Bain, Innes, Sinclair, McBe/a/th, McDougall, Fletcher, Fowler, Chance, Fitzsimmons, Brooks, Agnew, Turner, Melvin, Hyland, Potterton, Pullen, Cotterell, McKellar, Braund, Harvey, Davey, Kennedy, Foulks, Prouse.
Home page http://myrobertsons.tribalpages.com

Offline slacktech

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 13:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks heaps jm,
I was looking for that death and totally missed it, I knew it was 1924 as Bingara Cemetery is online. Ruth Elizabeth is his wife...I think. At least she is accredited to that on Arthurs grave entry.
Don't know what my friend will say when she finds great, great grandmother was a prostitute.oops.
I got a lot of the full information from LDS for some of the children, but not the marriage.
Arthur is my friends direct line. Probably better off with Ruths death transcript as George was still alive to give the information.
Still unsure about it all, will wake up properly soon and get back to it.
Thanks again jm, great information for me.

Cheers
Freckle

This is my second post, so please let me know if what I'm about to ask is not allowed, or if I've breached any protocols or offended anybody.

If my research is correct, George Hewitt is my second great grandfather.  My path appears to be Agnes Fletcher (nee Hewitt) (my grandmother) -> Arthur Hewitt -> George C H Hewitt

Ruth Elizabeth (or the reverse) was George C H's wife and also had a son named George.  Their notoriety made researching them much easier than the other side of my mother's family.

I would greatly appreciate any information and/or documents that others could send to me via private message to assist the building of my family tree (mainly to fill in the gaps!).  Thanks in advance!