Author Topic: Llandegai Baptism - 1770 - 1780  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Rosedale

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Llandegai Baptism - 1770 - 1780
« on: Sunday 21 February 16 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm wondering whether some kind person may have access to the baptism records for Llandegai for around 1770 - 1780, and would possibly do a quick look up for me?

I have an ancestor by the unusual name of Dulcinea (also known as Dulsary/Dulcey) Roberts born approximately 1776 and who died in 1859.  She married in 1796 to a Williams and 1815 to a Young.  Both times she married in Flintshire, and her parents were listed as William & Cath Roberts.

In 1841 she's still living in Flintshire but listed as born out of county; and in 1851 she is listed as being born in 'Llandigas, Caernarvonshire' - The closest I can find to this is Llandegai parish.

Thank you in advance,

Lisa
Flintshire - Hughes, Price, Simon, Messham, Griffiths, Powell, Tattum, Eaton, Roberts, Pownall, James, Enion
Denbighshire - Morris
Cheshire - Walley, Hough, Pridden, Jackson, Lawson, Rosedale, Rigby
Lancashire - Smith, Caunce, Williams, Eaton, Watkinson, As(h)croft, Wilson
Cumbria - Twentyman, Borrow, Bownas, Mitchell
London - Liddell, Wilkes, Hart
Midlands - Smith, Fox, Hopton, Timson

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llandegai Baptism - 1770 - 1780
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 February 16 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
you say
In 1841 she's still living in Flintshire but listed as born out of county; and in 1851 she is listed as being born in 'Llandigas, Caernarvonshire' - The closest I can find to this is Llandegai parish.
ok, I saw the record, it's Holywell, Flintshire.
Llandegai   
Is on the A55, the nearest town is Bangor. This is just before you cross over to Anglesey.
You did see the correct place.
I have searched the sites I use and can't find her birth, sorry.
I would search for the Church in Llandegai and see if they can help. Not sure when it was built.
I hope this has helped.
Maggsie

Offline Rosedale

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 February 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
 :) Thank you Maggsie for your help and confirming that it's Llandegai.  Unfortunately Dulcinea is my 'brick wall' for now, as it seems as though Llandegai Parish for this period is missing from the Caernarvonshire records available online...

I've noticed that genuki advises that there are a lot of places of worship in the area which is my worry.  The parish church records appear to be held at the records office in Bangor so I do have the option to contact them to enquire if need be.

However, an index of baptisms covering the period I'm after has been produced by Gwynedd FHS so I am hoping that somebody has a copy of that index to check whether there is a record of Dulcinea for me.  If the family are actually recorded in that, then I'll be buying some of the publications or making a trip to Bangor to do more research on the family.

Lisa

Flintshire - Hughes, Price, Simon, Messham, Griffiths, Powell, Tattum, Eaton, Roberts, Pownall, James, Enion
Denbighshire - Morris
Cheshire - Walley, Hough, Pridden, Jackson, Lawson, Rosedale, Rigby
Lancashire - Smith, Caunce, Williams, Eaton, Watkinson, As(h)croft, Wilson
Cumbria - Twentyman, Borrow, Bownas, Mitchell
London - Liddell, Wilkes, Hart
Midlands - Smith, Fox, Hopton, Timson

Offline Beeonthebay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 February 16 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosedale

I too am interested in Llandegai and have written to Gwynedd Record Office just yesterday to see what I can find out about the parish registers and where there might be copies.  I've just been on the Gwynedd FHS site myself and you're right there are a LOT of churches!!!

Bee
Williams, Owens, Pritchard, Povall, Banks, Brown.