Author Topic: Robert Easton married to Jane (Jean Best), died 70 yrs buried @ Kelso (OPR)  (Read 701 times)

EastBart

Trying to verify parentage and place of birth for Robert Easton, married J Best ?, died 20 Jan 1850.  Last census (1841) showed living at Eccles. Can anyone help with info?

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Easton married to Jane (Jean Best), died 70 yrs buried @ Kelso (OPR)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 16 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi EastBart

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Just adding this background info to the names you have to try to help with additional info here for other doing any searches As always, not sure if it is a 100% correct but hopefully useful as a guide - http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=bob_uk&id=I481

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 February 16 13:25 GMT (UK) »
The 1841 Census says Robert was not born in Berwickshire

Easton is a common name in Roxburghshire

based on the name of his son a possible match may be Andrew Easton & Margaret Kedyie/Kedzie
as the IGI has a Easton child being Christened May 1782 in Wilton as well as a Robert in 1773 - and would fit with being 60 in 1841 - worth a look - fairly large family

EastBart

« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 February 16 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the post replies; Monica - the gravestone inscription was a lovely surprise as it's not shown in the MI booklets. It's provided some detail which I'd not been able to source before and made me aware of the Eccles Rootsweb source of info. Terianne, for the possible lead to Andrew & Margaret, whilst Robert & Jean had 4 sons in toto son Andrew was 1st son born, so following tradition that may be the other link I needed. Michelle