Author Topic: William HEWER and Sarah KIBBLEWHITE  (Read 725 times)

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William HEWER and Sarah KIBBLEWHITE
« on: Tuesday 23 February 16 18:59 GMT (UK) »
I have a copy of a Parish Entry 26 Day of March 1808 between William HEWER (Bachelor) of the Parish of Holborn in the County of Middlesex and Sarah KIBBLEWHITE of the Parish of Preston in the County of Gloucestershire by Licence - witnesses: George WILLS and Jane WILLS (George WILLS married Jane KIBBLEWHITE - 27 May 1800.

Where can I obtain a copy of this Licence ? 

William & Sarah HEWER had a daughter Jane baptised at St Andrew Holborn 22 May 1808 -) who many years later married in Gloucestershire naming her father as William HEWER, farmer
[/i) and then my x grandmother : Elizabeth HEWER at Wootton Bassett Wiltshire - 23 November 1810 - her mother was then widowed  and re-married in WB.  ( I have a copy of the Marriage Bond on the occasion of her second marriage)

Edmund and William KIBBLEWHITE (Grays Inn London - and Wootton Bassett - which was a 'Rotten Borough' - all about getting 'Votes' etc. which is an interesting story!!

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William HEWER and Sarah KIBBLEWHITE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Where can I obtain a copy of this Licence ?

The index shows that the licence was issued through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury on 25 March 1808.

The licence itself is unlikely to survive, but you can get a copy of the allegation that was sworn to obtain it. This can be ordered online from Society of Genealogists in London, quoting the date of the licence (not of the marriage), using this link ...

http://www.sog.org.uk/books-courses/books-publications/faculty-office-marriage-licence-allegation

The cost is £15.00, so you may want to consider what you’re hoping to find out from it?
Fathers won’t be named unless one of the spouses admitted to being under 21 and required parental permission to marry.
Approximate ages may be stated (e.g. ‘21 years and upwards’).
There’s a small possibility that the groom’s occupation will be stated.
Parishes of abode should be stated, but you already have that information from the marriage register.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William HEWER and Sarah KIBBLEWHITE
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 06:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much that is extremely useful.