Author Topic: Windows 10 Download  (Read 8358 times)

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Download
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 12 March 16 21:47 GMT (UK) »
It's well hidden  ::)

Go to the search box (Cortana) and type  Internet Explorer

This should bring up the desktop "app" which you can pin to the start menu or pin to the taskbar (or both)

Updates from MS use IE... haven't set location for Cortana!!  :-))

There should still be a search function either a lighter toned box or a magnifying glass on the task bar - click on that and type in "Internet Explorer" - Cortana is the "flashier" version of search and introduces voice search but it isn't necessary. (The search function may be hidden - if so right click on the task bar and select search)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Well what a steep learning curve since Win 10 download...after two hours of frustration I have managed to update drivers for my Epson All in one Printer and scanner and my Epson Stylus photo printer...Phew...I should have gone to Epson Support in the first place...easy when you know how...so pleased!!!
All software now working...thankfully.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Well what a steep learning curve since Win 10 download...after two hours of frustration I have managed to update drivers for my Epson All in one Printer and scanner and my Epson Stylus photo printer...Phew...I should have gone to Epson Support in the first place...easy when you know how...so pleased!!!
All software now working...thankfully.
Carol

Yes it can take a little work finding updates for drivers etc for non MS stuff.. as you say, easy when you know how!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.