Author Topic: Any information on 1660 Petition by Inhabitants of Wexford?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Any information on 1660 Petition by Inhabitants of Wexford?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Turns out that the petition I am interested in is reprinted in full in Hore's History of the Town of Wexford.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens; CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter; COSGRAVE Castlebridge; CULLEN Lady's Island; CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook; DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack; FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown; HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wexford; McGILL Litter; MORRIS Forth Commons; PIERCE Lady's Island; POTTS Bennettstown; REDMOND Ballygarrett; ROCHEx2 Wexford; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit; SHERIDAN Monadurtlow; SINNOTT Wexford; SMYTH Gerry/Oulart; WALSH Kilrane/Wexford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Did you happen to get your hands on a copy of that petition? I would be interested to know what names were on it.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Did you happen to get your hands on a copy of that petition? I would be interested to know what names were on it.

The book containing it is available free online, as copyright expired a long while ago. Google Hore, History of Wexford. Their history is a 6 volume set, covering the entire county, by area. The 1660 petition is in the volume covering the town of Wexford - volume 5, I think. I am travelling, so providing the exact link is beyond me right now - perhaps someone else can supply? Volume 5 contains a lot of interest besides, e.g. 1662 valuation of Wexford, listing tenants,  etc.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens; CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter; COSGRAVE Castlebridge; CULLEN Lady's Island; CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook; DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack; FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown; HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wexford; McGILL Litter; MORRIS Forth Commons; PIERCE Lady's Island; POTTS Bennettstown; REDMOND Ballygarrett; ROCHEx2 Wexford; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit; SHERIDAN Monadurtlow; SINNOTT Wexford; SMYTH Gerry/Oulart; WALSH Kilrane/Wexford