Author Topic: Any information on 1660 Petition by Inhabitants of Wexford?  (Read 2325 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Any information on 1660 Petition by Inhabitants of Wexford?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Turns out that the petition I am interested in is reprinted in full in Hore's History of the Town of Wexford.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Did you happen to get your hands on a copy of that petition? I would be interested to know what names were on it.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Did you happen to get your hands on a copy of that petition? I would be interested to know what names were on it.

The book containing it is available free online, as copyright expired a long while ago. Google Hore, History of Wexford. Their history is a 6 volume set, covering the entire county, by area. The 1660 petition is in the volume covering the town of Wexford - volume 5, I think. I am travelling, so providing the exact link is beyond me right now - perhaps someone else can supply? Volume 5 contains a lot of interest besides, e.g. 1662 valuation of Wexford, listing tenants,  etc.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area