Author Topic: Obtaining BDM certificates  (Read 11068 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Obtaining BDM certificates
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 03 March 16 03:18 GMT (UK) »
There are quite a few deaths for "John HYNES" however I cannot see one which fits the time frame for her to be married again by 1866.  Of course, she may not have formally married Oliver DAWSON at all.

I wonder if this child is the one we're after?  Anastasia may well have changed the child's name when she was with Oliver DAWSON  - often no passports or birth certificates were ever needed.

Birth Victoria, registered 1863, #8271
John Michael HYNES
Birth Date:   Abt 1863, born at Heathcote
Father:   John Hynes
Mother:   Hannah Honan

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 03 March 16 03:27 GMT (UK) »
And another child for John HYNES and Anastasia

Registered Victoria 1861, #15489
Mary HYNES
Birth Date:   Abt 1861, born Rushworth, Victoria
Father:   John Hynes
Mother:   Anastatie Honan

The child listed above John Michael HYNES died aged 3 months; death registered 1863 #6946  So he could not have been the child Oliver DAWSON.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 03 March 16 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Looking for death record of John Hynes as I assume he died for Anastasia to be able to marry Oliver. hereford

On the index prepared by Victoria’s Public Records Office (PROV)
There is a Mr HYNES aged 25 departing Victoria for Sydney NSW (so leaving one colony and going to another colony) on the City of Melbourne II, in July 1863.   

http://prov.vic.gov.au/index_search?searchid=42

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 03 March 16 04:30 GMT (UK) »
Children noted in Family Bible.
William Oliver Dawson born 1866,Fredrick Dawson born 1868, Mathew H Dawson born 1870, John Michael Dawson 1872, Annie Elizabeth Ellen Dawson  1874,Thomas Dawson 1875 Hugh Dawson 1878 and Joseph Dawson 1882.Hugh and Joseph born at Blue spur and the others apart from William were born at Tuapeka Mouth.

From NZ bdm online
https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search/

Frederick James DAWSON, parents as Ann and Oliver  Ref 1868/34033
I Cannot find Mathew H DAWSON born 1870
John William Willis DAWSON parents as Ann and Oliver Ref 1870/36515
I Cannot find John Michael DAWSON born 1872
Annie Elizabeth Ellen DAWSON parents as Annie and Oliver Ref 1873/19751
Thomas DAWSON, parents as Annie and Oliver Ref 1876/6102
I Cannot find Hugh DAWSON born 1878
I Cannot find Joseph DAWSON born 1882

William Oliver DAWSON is listed as aged 62 years when his 1928 death was registered #1928/9275. 

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline hereford

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 03 March 16 04:52 GMT (UK) »
This is getting to be a very interesting quest. William Oliver was born 1866 when she was with Oliver. I wonder why the first marriage did not survive and perhaps you are correct Judb Annie and Oliver never married .I Wonder what happened to Mary? .Obviously the marriage did not survive. Thanks Hereford.
Dawsons,potts,medwins -england
Mcilroy,greer,cannon,Turner-Ireland
wallace,andrew,kemp,Carruthers-scotland
Honan-Australia
New zealand-To name a few names

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 03 March 16 06:45 GMT (UK) »

Death certificate for Anastasia (Annie) DAWSON, died 1901 -
"...6 males and 2 females living at her death".  Who is the informant on this certificate?

The bible, and BDM index finds seven sons and one daughter. Are there children who have predeceased Annie by 1901.........who is the second daughter?

Do you have a death certificate for Oliver DAWSON to see how his children are accounted for?

Might be that William Oliver DAWSON uses this name but is known not to be the son of Oliver DAWSON?

How does William Oliver DAWSON name his parents on his marriage certificate?

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 03 March 16 07:11 GMT (UK) »

When couples are having children and there is no marriage certificate to find it is usually because one or both are still married to someone else, which supports the idea that Anastasia m. 1860, VIC.

A very young Anastasia marries John HYNES in 1860.
Two births to this couple - Mary HYNES 1861  and John Michael HYNES 1863 ( died 1863)

Is this Mary the second daughter for the counting on death certificate of Annie DAWSON, d. 1901?

I think it is very likely that there Anastasia would have another child before the 1868 birth in NZ?

Would this birth certificate, 1868 NZ, list previous issue?

I think the 1860 HONAN / HYNES marriage certificate would be useful to you to see if parents are named and if they are present (witnesses......permission)

Offline hereford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 04 March 16 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes I believe the other daughter is Mary. She was alive at the death of her mother but cant find a death for her. On the death of Oliver 5 males and 1 female. I did the Maths and I think Joseph may have died as well as Mary before Oliver's death.I did find one Mary between 1901 and 1911 but her age at death was 22 where my Mary would have been alot older than that. Cant find a death on either of these two.Finding a sailing may help but i have had no luck in the past . Have a sailing for Oliver's sister Elizabeth and her Husband but none for him.
I am going to get William Marriage cert and the  Hynes Honan marriage cert so hopefuly that will give me info.I have his death cert but whoever filled in the information  did not know mothers name just Dawson as surname. Had father down as William Oliver Dawson. Thanks Hereford.
Dawsons,potts,medwins -england
Mcilroy,greer,cannon,Turner-Ireland
wallace,andrew,kemp,Carruthers-scotland
Honan-Australia
New zealand-To name a few names

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 04 March 16 02:15 GMT (UK) »
The Press 26 Oct 1927
THE Funeral of the late Joseph DAWSON will leave tho residence of Mrs G H Clarke, 484 Selwyn street, City, on Wednesday (This Day). October 26th, at 2 p.m., for the Sydenham Cemetery.

1927/10661 DAWSON  Joseph   44Y     death

New Zealand Herald 14 Nov 1942
Hugh DAWSON, of Otorohanga. loved brother of Mat DAWSON, of 141 Great South Road Dunedin; aged 62 years. Service at. Scrimshaw's Chapel to-day (Saturday) at 10.30 a.m., funeral then leaving for the Hamilton East Cemetery.

1942/30429 DAWSON  Hugh   62Y          death

Who is the informant for the death certificate Annie DAWSON 1901?

Can you please list all the information on the death certificate for Oliver DAWSON d 1911

1911/6925 DAWSON  Oliver   72Y