Author Topic: Doyle family of Pennsylvannia & Phildelphia  (Read 5337 times)

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle family of Pennsylvannia & Phildelphia
« Reply #54 on: Friday 18 March 16 12:41 GMT (UK) »
uote - "Lucinda & Daniel Mackle (Michael) possible emigrated to Philadelphia in 1910"

Daniel Mackle appears on Philadelphia Pennsylvania Passenger List arriving 16 February 1910 on the Friesland. Daniel was aged 27 years, single, farm labourer. Last permanent residence Magherafelt.Going to brother John Mackle 1528 ?  2 nd Street Philadelphia.

1914 Philadelphia Marriage Index shows a marriage of Daniel Mackle to Lucinda Young.

Sandra

I think I have tracked their son Rock Christopher to Australia.  I still haven't much informatin on what happened to Veronica/Mary Veronica b abt 1915 or their other child Silvestra b 1915 in Ballymaguigan.

If you can't understand this post let me know.  I am still absorbing and researching more information from what you have provided.  Thankyou so much for your assistance it has helped tremendously.

Offline Joemc1960

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 05 November 16 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Oneday,
I am one of your relatives who currently lives in Philadelphia.  My mother was Patricia Doyle b. 1930, her father was Joseph Doyle b. 1898, and his father was James Doyle b. 1869.  The last of my mother's generation, my uncle Donald Doyle, passed away three years ago. He was very funny, as was my mom.  He's the reason I stumbled onto this forum. I'm watching a documentary about the U.S.-Korean War, in which he fought and was wounded, and I googled him to see if any war site mentioned him. And I landed here.
I'd be happy to provide as much information as I have; I was registered on ancestry.com for years and have a pretty full family tree, though I let my membership lapse.  I may re-register soon.
How are you related?
Sincerely
Joe McLaughlin

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 05 November 16 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

The explanation of how I am related (as brief as I can make it) is as follows:

Patricia's father was Joseph whose father was James & his father was Louis/Lewis. 

Louis/Lewis had a brother John.

John had several children with his wife Maria/Mary Ann.

One of which was James.

James married a widower Mary Quin & had several children.

I am a grandchild of one of James' children.

I noticed with your post Joe that was your first entry.  You need to make another 2 posts before we can communicate via the private message system & perhaps exchange email address.

It is great to hear from you.  I have also been in touch with Canadian & Californian relatives of the same family line.  I'm not sure if you are in touch also.

Oneday.

Offline ECB

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 12 June 17 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Reading through some of this family history and from my own research I just wanted to clarify some points to hopefully help.

The part about Sarah Anne Mullins B 1881 D 1954 she was married to John McAstocker B 1872 D 1933. They travelled between Philadelphia and Scotland residing in both. They had 5 sons Thomas Henry, John Samuel, Patrick Joseph (Joe), James & Michael Charles (Charlie). Of which James McAstocker married Sarah Anne Gardiner in 1940. They had a daughter also Sarah Anne who then married Malcolm Cable-Barnard in 1977.

It's is confusing but basically 3 generations are Sarah Anne.

Hope that helps.