Author Topic: Liddiard Family Gathering 13-14 August 2016 Aldbourne Wiltshire  (Read 1947 times)

Offline waidemar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Liddiard Family Gathering 13-14 August 2016 Aldbourne Wiltshire
« on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any Liddiard, Lidiard or Lydiard (or any other spelling) among your ancestors?   

We would like you to join us for a family gathering to celebrate the family.

There are lots of activities planned for the weekend, including displays of trees, photographs, talks on the Liddiard family and many other activities.

Karen Rogers 

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Liddiard Family Gathering 13-14 August 2016 Aldbourne Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi.
I have just discovered i am related to the Liddiards through Elizabeth Liddiard and her husband Amos Seymour. They are my great x3 Grandparents. All I know about them is from what i've seen on a couple of ancestry.co.uk trees. i have looked on google and there seems to be a lot of information online about them. Were they quite a prolific family in Aldbourne?
i'd love to know more about them.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but thought you seemed the best person to get in contact with.
Any information about them would be great
Many thanks
Hayley
Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Offline waidemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Liddiard Family Gathering 13-14 August 2016 Aldbourne Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Hayley, The Liddiard's were prolific in Aldbourne, in the Parish registers which are on line search Wiltshire OPC and click on Aldbourne, there are over 900 entries between 1615 and 925 I think the next biggest family just over 400 , Elizabeth's mother and father were both born in Aldbourne as were all her ancestors. Although I cannot prove on paper that we are related as yet, we would be, my ancestors were from Aldbourne also. I have your tree back to 1711, some claim to have it back further however , there were two Edwards born in the same period, and there is nothing in parish registers to prove which one married who.. I am working on it through other records. It will have to wait til I am back in England  & after the reunion contact me and I will send you what I have .