Author Topic: Looking for relatives of Janet Mcalpine Sharpe  (Read 2220 times)

Offline lkmashek

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for relatives of Janet Mcalpine Sharpe
« on: Thursday 24 March 16 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Looking for relatives of my great grandmother, Janet Mcalpine Sharp or Sharpe, born 10 Mar 1870 in Dumbarton, died in Chicago, Illlinois in 1936.  Mother: Janet Colquhoun Manners 1847-1914, born in Renton.  Father: John Sharpe 1842-1922, born in Cardross.  Married Gregor McGregor Johnstone Campbell (1863-1922) 28 Nov 1890. Siblings were: George Sharp 1874-1941, John M Sharp 1875-1943, Isabella Sharp 1877-1881, James Cullen Sharp 1877-1905, Margaret Cullen Sharp 1879-1954, Alexander Sharp 1880-1946, Charles Sharp 1887-1963, Isabella Manners Sharp 1888-?, William Sharpe 1890-1968.  Most of the family stayed in the Dumbartonshire area.  Any information would be appreciated.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for relatives of Janet Mcalpine Sharpe
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 16 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Everything you need about this family you can acquire from Scotland's People http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

They have the original BMD's, and original Census data plus a whole lot more.

For example the marriage of John/Janet will give your their parents.  From the death's of the children you can discover their spouses and from this their marriages which leads to their spouses parents and on and on and on it goes.  And as a bonus the last one dead usually identifies a child or their spouse and whole lot more.  You will also discover that Isabella 1877-1881 doesn't exist (I peeked), and that the Valuations will take you beyond the 1911 Census to 1930 which shows where they lived.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline lkmashek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 March 16 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

Offline ShirleyX

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 June 17 06:28 BST (UK) »
I can't help you with the Sharp/e family. I have not done research on this family yet but I can give you the Manners side. Parents of Janet Colquhoun Manners are George Manners  (1820-1909) and Janet McAlpin/e. (1847-?). Parents of George Manners are John Manners and Agnes Montgomery. (My direct descendants)

Regards
Shirley
Dudley, Tipton, Worcestshire - ATTWELL, FISHER, RICHARDS, INCE, SHEERWOOD
Greenock, MANNERS, CAMPBELL, MONTGOMERY, LECKIE

Offline lkmashek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 July 17 03:27 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in replying, Shirley.  We must be distant cousins then as George Manners was my 3rd great grandfather.  I recently found Janet McAlpine's death certificate on Scotland's People.  I'll be happy to send it to you.

Offline ShirleyX

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 July 17 04:02 BST (UK) »
Hello cousin.

I would appreciate a transcript at least of Janet's death certificate. And any other information on this family. If you want to know more on the Manners family I can help you there. I have produced a book called 'A Most Suitable Trade: The John Manners Story' of my 3xg grandfather, grandson of John Manners and Agnes Montgomery - I am still trying to prove that this John's parents are John Manners and Helen Bull/Bole. The birth record of their son John as my 3xg's father seems to fit but that's the only proof I have at this time.

Looking forward to sharing information,
Cheers
Shirley

Offline lkmashek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 July 17 14:34 BST (UK) »
Shirley, I'd love to hear more about your book.  I'm not sure how to attach the record here.  My email is lkmashek@yahoo.com.  Why don't you send me your email and I'll send you the record.  If you'd like to see my tree on Ancestry we can arrange that as well.

Offline ShirleyX

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 July 17 23:29 BST (UK) »
Will email you
Shirley