Author Topic: Still looking for marriage of William Usher Mccleery 1908-1972  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Still looking for marriage of William Usher Mccleery 1908-1972
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 May 16 06:52 BST (UK) »
Michael, thank you so much for all the information you sent me. I have been looking for months for this information and drawn blanks everywhere. I am fairly new to geneology but am getting better. Most of my relatives have been Church of Ireland and not Catholic and I have found them easier to trace. Could you suggest where I can look to find other children for William ?

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 May 16 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael, can you tell me how I can search the Irish Independant? I don't seem to be able to find a site for them. Thanks.

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 May 16 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie, the Irish Independent is available on this site: https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/

unfortunately it is a subscription site on less you are based here in Ireland where it is free in most

local libraries.

Regards,

Michael Campion.

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 06:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that information Michael. I wonder when you are next researching if you could have a quick look to see if you could find 2 sons for William Usher Mccleery between 1951 - 1960 and a death for Patricia Margaret post 1971. Thanks

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 00:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

All I could find was the death notice from The Irish Independent May 5 1954 for William’s mother.

“McCleery   (Bettystown, Co. Louth)—May  4, 1954, at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Mary
Catherine McCleery, formerly of Dromore, Co. Down, widow of Hugh McCleery:  deeply
regretted, R.I.P. Funeral to-day (Wednesday) to St. Colman’s Cemetery, Dromore, Co. Down,
following Requiem Mass at 10 o’c in St. Mary’s Church, Drogheda, arriving Mill Turn, Dromore at 2
o’c (approx.)”

I suggest that you go to https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/order-birth-certificate-online  for the

birth certificates for the two boys and the death certificate for Patricia Margaret.

Regards,

Michael Campion.

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 08:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you again Michael. It is so lovely to get all this help. Without all the help I've had I wouldn't have got as far as I have. Thanks again it is really appreciated.

Jackie

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael, I have managed to find a death for Patricia Margaret. 8/7/2000. She is buried with her husband. I think I wasn't looking far enough ahead. Geneology is a real learning curve isn't it.

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

Thanks to Patricia’s date of death, I was able to find her death notice from the Irish Independent of the 10th July 2000.

“McCleery (Murray) (Skerrries and Ballygowan) – July 8 2000, at Devlin Lodge Nursing Home, Patricia, beloved wife of the late Billy, much loved mother of Marie, Gerard and Patrick: sadly missed by her brother Denis, son-in-law Tim, daughters-in-law  Lillian and Adrienne, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, relatives and friends.  R.I.P.  Funeral Mass today (Monday) at 11 o’c in St. Patrick’s Church, Skerries. Burial afterwards in Holmpatrick Cemetery. Family flowers only please.”

And from the Irish Times of the 20th Oct. 1927 under bank changes for the Northern Bank,

Mr. W. E. McCleery, entered at Head Office.

And from the Irish Independent of the 14th of Dec. 1927,

W. McCleery, H.Q. to Bangor.

Regards,

Michael Campion.

Offline Jackiedriscoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 20:21 BST (UK) »
What can I say? You are a real star! Thank you so much for all your help.
Kind regards
Jackie