Author Topic: Donald Robertson 1867-1945, Saskatchewan  (Read 3191 times)

Offline yvoeliz2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Robertson 1867-1945, Saskatchewan
« Reply #27 on: Monday 04 April 16 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I am away from home at present and only picking up posts when I can get wifi.  Thank you all so much for your work.  I can't believe how much info you have found.  Will respond more when I return.
Many thanks, you have spent loads of time on my behalf and I'm very grateful.
Yvonne
Robinson, Bolton, Bryant, Tydeman, Turner, Robertson

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 09 April 16 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne,

After a lot of searching I believe that the death for Donald Robertson buried at the Wapella Cemetery is your ancestor. I contacted the town office again in Wapella to see if she had found anything else relating to Donald's death and her reply was no.

The funeral home that handled deaths at that time and location does not have any records for that far back.

Your  only option is to send to Saskatchewan Vital Statistics and request a genealogical(long)

copy of the death record. It is $50.00 Canadian and I believe you can print off a copy of the form

requesting the registration. When I do a request I put in its for genealogical research.

As you mentioned previously someone cared enough to put a headstone on his grave. I had a

thought that maybe a family member might have come over and did that or made the

arrangements.

Lilybell :) :) :)

Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline yvoeliz2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 14 April 16 19:36 BST (UK) »
Back home again. 

I will be requesting a copy of the death record as you suggest and am pleased to have had so much information.  I think that probably it was not a member of his family who erected the gravestone as they were unlikely to have had the funds to travel.  Maybe as he had been in Saskatchewan for some time, he had friends or neighbours who contributed to the headstone.

Thank you all so much for your contributions and if I can help anyone from the UK, please get in touch.

Regards
Yvonne
Robinson, Bolton, Bryant, Tydeman, Turner, Robertson