Author Topic: Captain Patrick Alexander  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
  • Fairlie- The convict ship Michael Noy travelled on
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Patrick Alexander
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 April 16 10:31 BST (UK) »
Would just like to thank you again Judith and everyone for everything you have helped me with on this topic. I really appreciate all the effort you have all put in to helping me uncover the true Patrick Alexander! ;D

Offline Bill Wright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 20 October 21 12:47 BST (UK) »
Dont know it my post was sent but trying to Contact person asking about Captain Patrick Aexander. Would love to talk to you. I am his g g gandson and have been searching for the ships he sailed on for some years as has my second cousin his g g grandaughter.
Someone asked what age he went to sea he was 13 and sailed before the mast for 19 years that information is on his headstone at Taradale . His wife Mary is buried between Patrick and her second husband John Bane and alongside his son Oliver who died at avery young age. Please contact  us
 We may be able to share information
Bill Wright

Offline Bill Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 21 October 21 04:09 BST (UK) »
I should also check the information re the shipwreck There were two captains Alexander  one with the initial A and the other Patrick. Sorry but the date of the shipwreck quoted is 1858 unlikely Patrick as he left the sea after 19 years before the mast and migrated to Australia with his wife Mary and children Oliver and Mary on the SS Digby arriving 1n 1850 and would have been settled in Taradale at that time. Think that was the other Captain A Alexander. I have a Copper Printing Plate  used for printing his calling cards. Hoping to hear from the interested person  as we are trying to work out who it could be
Bill Wright

Offline Bill Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 12 November 21 03:33 GMT (UK) »
Would dearly like to talk to the instigator of the enquiries re Cap't Patrick Alexander. You are obviously family. I am Patrick's Great Great Grandson My  Grandmother was Amy Parnell who was the daughter of John Parnell  who married Mary Eason. The Parnell side is extremely interesting. We know some about Patrick and still working on ships he sailed on. I have a second Cousin who is also the Great Great Grand daughter of Patrick Alexander who has done more work on the Banes - Harris etc
Would love to talk to you
Bill Wright

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 12 November 21 05:24 GMT (UK) »
The original enquiry was by Noy1818 who was last active on R'Chat on August 2020.  Perhaps you could try sending a Personal Message.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bill Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 28 November 21 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Noy1818  please make contat With Bill Wright re Patrick Alexander. I am his Great Great grandson would love to talk 'll w.ith you.