Author Topic: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?  (Read 410 times)

Offline dave1948

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« on: Monday 28 March 16 09:35 BST (UK) »

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a marriage at St Marys RC Church, Haddington Road, Dublin on 7 Jan 1942 for David McDonnell to Elizabeth Hart(e). Their ages just say ‘Full age’. Davids address was 5 Prince of Wales Rd, Ballsbridge and his father was Charles, a Bread Van driver. Elizabeths’ address was 67 Beech Hill, Grand Canal St and her father was James, a Sgt with F.S.Army.

I am trying to find both Davids and Elizabeths births in order to get further back.

I know we cannot trace the living, but I believe both have died as they were never mentioned in the 70’s when we last had contact.

Thanking you,  Dave.
Newall, Godfrey, Maskell (Essex)
Hugill, (Yorkshire)
McCutcheon, Maclachlin(Ayrshire)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 March 16 11:00 BST (UK) »
David H McDonnell listed in the electoral roll 1941-1942 at 5 Prince of Wales TCe with Mary McDonnell (his mother?)and Mary McDonnell (Jun) possibly a sister. Nothing for Charles at the same address - could he have died by then? at 67 Grand Canal St Upper 1939-1940 James Harte and Josephine Harte his wife?
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline dave1948

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 16 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie,

That's great info and was just what I need to trace further. As far as Charles is concerned, I wonder if you are right about him being deceased. Next to Bread Van Driver is written something but I had no idea what. Maybe its to do with being deceased, I have attached copy of cert to see if you know what it says or means.

Regards,  Dave.
Newall, Godfrey, Maskell (Essex)
Hugill, (Yorkshire)
McCutcheon, Maclachlin(Ayrshire)