Author Topic: Florence Lucy Wilde b 1880  (Read 706 times)

Offline powderpuff

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Florence Lucy Wilde b 1880
« on: Tuesday 29 March 16 12:48 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help to trace a baptism record for Florence, I am hoping it may show her date of birth. I do not know if one exists!

I have what I believe to be a birth record for her in the last quarter of 1880 in Wrexham.

Florence is with parents, Joseph & Elizabeth Louisa in the 1881 census and I can follow her to her marriage in 1908 (to I believe Edward Thomas Jones) and on the 1911 census

I am keen to know her birth date if at all possible without having the expense of purchasing a certificate. I think I have found her in the 1939 registration in Hendon, Middx so the date of birth would really help.

Many thanks
PP
Jones- Glyn Ceiriog, Chirk, Tryddyn, Ruthin, Wrexham, Surrey
Woodfine - Cheshire, Woolwich, Wrexham
Edwards & Hughes - St Martins, Hengoed, Selattyn
Trower & Billinghurst - Sussex, London, Surrey
Flexman & Sharpe - Sussex, Surrey
Butler & Brockhouse - Croydon, London

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Lucy Wilde b 1880
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 12:56 BST (UK) »
There is no date of birth on her baptism.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Lucy Wilde b 1880
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 16 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hello PP

Here is the baptism record you wanted:

Wrexham 3 Dec 1880 bap/o Florence Lucy WYLDE d/o Joseph (collier) & Elizabeth Louisa,
                                of Charles St.

In the same Wrexham transcription there are also these entries:

29 Dec 1879 bap/o Jane WILD d/o William (deputy chief constable) & Martha Jane, County Building
20 Jan 1880 bap/o Alberta Emma CLARKE d/o Albert Wild (Gentleman) & Emma Anne, Nelson St
20 Jan 1880 bap/o Elizabeth Louisa WYLDE d/o Joseph (collier) & Elizabeth Louisa,
                            55 Crescent Place
9 Aug 1881 bap/o Edward Llewelyn WILD d/o William (deputy chief constable) & Martha Jane,
                           County Buildings, Wrexham (margin note: 1 Dec 1880)
17 May 1885 bap/o Joseph Amos WYLDE s/o Joseph (labourer) & Elizabeth, 17 Lambpit St.
12 Jul 1887 bap/o Edward Bernard WILDE s/o Joseph (labourer) & Elizabeth, 17 Lambpi St.

Hope this helps.

Jill Rose
www.clwydsurnames.org.uk (names from north-east wales)

PS. Copies of transcriptions can be purchased from Clwyd FHS.