Author Topic: Isabel Mary Cole Hamilton born circa 1860 Gortin  (Read 7042 times)

Offline Tippitiwitchet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isabel Mary Cole Hamilton born circa 1860 Gortin
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 08:39 BST (UK) »
Something went amiss with my reply yesterday, and my remarks never got posted.

I possess a copy of a book once owned by W. Cole Hamilton, Isabel's father, in which he (I assume) has written a list of roses, dated 1878. The book also bears the name "Ballitore", a village in County Kildare (but evidently simply meaning it was in his personal library in Ballitore). Checking online sources, William Claude Cole-Hamilton is often listed as residing in Ballitore House, and so it is possible that family baptisms also took place there. However, I am wondering if anyone has a photograph of William Claude Cole Hamilton (1833-1882) and/or his wife.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 08:55 BST (UK) »
CAPTAIN WILLIAM CLAUD COLE-HAMILTON (1833-82), of Ballitore House, County Kildare, who wedded, in 1858, Caroline Elizabeth Josephine, daughter of Hon Andrew Godfrey Stewart, and granddaughter of Andrew Thomas, 1st Earl Castle Stewart; and dvp in 1882, having had, with other issue,

ARTHUR RICHARD, his heir;
    William Andrew Thomas;
    Claud George;
    Isabel Mary.

http://lordbelmontinnorthernireland.blogspot.com/2017/07/beltrim-castle.html
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline jimbo09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Frederick Hurley - Great Grandfather-in-Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 28 July 18 17:45 BST (UK) »
Something went amiss with my reply yesterday, and my remarks never got posted.

I possess a copy of a book once owned by W. Cole Hamilton, Isabel's father, in which he (I assume) has written a list of roses, dated 1878. The book also bears the name "Ballitore", a village in County Kildare (but evidently simply meaning it was in his personal library in Ballitore). Checking online sources, William Claude Cole-Hamilton is often listed as residing in Ballitore House, and so it is possible that family baptisms also took place there. However, I am wondering if anyone has a photograph of William Claude Cole Hamilton (1833-1882) and/or his wife.
They lived at Ballitore later I believe.

I have photos which I think are William Claude and Caroline Cole-Hamilton, from the same album mentioned above.
He is described as Capt W C-H and she as Mrs W C-H, the two photos are adjacent in the album.
Dowzard, Hurley, Johnston, Cleland, Sillery, Hanbury, Sparrow, Parker, Hall