Author Topic: 1841 cencus atyeo  (Read 9648 times)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 cencus atyeo
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 January 15 11:38 GMT (UK) »
One Atyeo that comes to mind is the Thomas born about 1800 to Thomas and Sarah (nee Parsons). He turns up in the tree of a friend I've been helping, as the second husband of one of her direct ancestors, in Bath. I'm am sure he is not the Thomas who married Lidia Bussell, although that is shown on many public trees. That Thomas consistently gave his birth year as around 1797 and is I think is the one baptised in 1796 to John and Betty (nee Somers).

Do you have access to Ancestry? Most of what I've found about the Atyeos is included in my tree there - Hartley Family Tree. If you're not a member PM be your address and I'll send you an invitation, which lets you see the tree without subscribing.

David

Offline wayjd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 January 16 09:58 GMT (UK) »
David, I hope you are still following up on this and reachable on this site - ditto Owen and Alli whose posts I also read.

If you are not aware if it can I draw your attention to the Yeo Society and in particular a group of possibly inter-related families from the Somerset/Devon border. A co-researcher has been looking at this for over ten years, and over the last five years we have been working together to develop his earlier research in this specific area.

http://www.yeosociety.com/biographies/yeafamily.htm

There are references to "Atte Yeo's" in there. We recently made a partial transcript of the proceedings of a court case brought by one Agnes Yeo of Bawdrip from around 1588 which mentions Richard Atyoo, Joan his wife and John their son - Agnes' husband. Since Bawdrip is only around 10 km from Othery, we thought these might be linked to your research.

We'd be happy to share that transcript and the images of the original documents with you.

We wondered if you had done any work on possible "cross-overs" of the Atyeo surname to Yeo, Yea or Yaw - of which there are many in the Bridgwater and immediate area ??

Regards

David

Offline Okiowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 29 January 16 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Thank you for the mail. Nothing new from my end, I`m sorry, but I do appreciate hearing of things going on.

All the best,

Owen
Isaac Phillips - Dale, Pembrokeshire
John Phillips - Templeton (around 1768)
Lloyd - Freystrope before 1842
Fabian - Glamorgan
Mazey - Glamorgan
Atyeo - Somerset and Wales
Evans - Llanuwchllyn
Humphreys - Pantperthog/Corris
Watkins - Llanwnnog/Elerch
James - Nant-y-moch