Author Topic: Llanbadrig graves  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Llanbadrig graves
« on: Wednesday 06 April 16 14:46 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the MIs for Llanbadrig please?

I'm trying to establish whether stones still exist* of some some potential Waterloo and Crimea men  to see what the stones say. The burial book confirms they are buried there.

TIA
Gwil

* albeit the MI's were compiled some years ago and stones may now be 'missing' I'd get an idea of the grave location.

Offline GillyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadrig graves
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 16 00:11 BST (UK) »
Have you tried the achive collection in LLangefni - they have a lot stored information - contact the register Office there.

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 April 16 07:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gilly. I'm too far way to visit the Archives. I'm after someone who has the MI's.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 April 16 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwil

Could I suggest that you modify your profile to include some sort of location so we know that you may not have physical access to some resources and day trips may be out of the question?

GillyJ does make a valid point though, you can still contact them to see if they can offer help even though you can't visit.

They do give a free 15 minute look-up

http://www.anglesey.gov.uk/leisure/records-and-archives/archives-services/archive-research-service/

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 April 16 09:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawn

I'm aware of what Anglesey Archives offer. With regards to this query my first line of enquiry is to ask if someone has ready access to them and can help. A quick look at my posts will show that I supply often very detailed responses to queries from material/knowledge in my possession. I'm therefore simply hoping that someone can reciprocate.

The sub forum is called 'lookup requests'. If replies are going to be along the lines of 'contact such and such archives' then these lookup sub forums might as well be closed down and a pinned thread placed in their parent forum inviting enquirers to contact the archives.

edited

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 April 16 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwil

From experience of other boards, researchers with access to the resources you are looking for help with, might be few and far between and you could have a long wait before receiving a reply. I searched Rootschat and could find no other topic mentioning this resource.

I noted that Anglesey offers a free 15 minute look-up. If someone there can instantly put their hands on the MI's you are interested in, you might get a more immediate answer from them or even a reply that they are unable to do so in the time allowed.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 April 16 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawn

From experience of researching this and many other boards/forums I find that those with the sought sources usually respond within a couple of days hence my method of trying this way as a first line of enquiry i.e. nil heard, move on to second line of enquiry.

Offline GillyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 April 16 23:37 BST (UK) »
Could I suggest that you find out who the vicar is for this particular Church and ask if they might take a look for you. I know that the vicar of Menai Bridge is responsible for 9 churches and has an assistant who helps her and he was able to locate a grave for me in Pentraeth Church but I am not sure if their responsibilities go as far as LLanbadrig. I hope you manage to get the information you need.

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 April 16 09:47 BST (UK) »
Good idea Gilly. I'll explore the possibility. Thanks.