Author Topic: Esther C Ewing b.1889 Seattle/Thos.H. Timson  (Read 2573 times)

Offline MBSeaWA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Esther C Ewing b.1889 Seattle/Thos.H. Timson
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 September 16 08:34 BST (UK) »
I will check the research file --- currently buried in the office! and see what we have on Thomas Harry Timson's grandparents...

I do not think that anyone has been able so far to find PROOF of Thomas and Esther's marriage. There is family gossip that perhaps they were never married...? If you are able to find substantiation, that would be great

More later... and thanks for the welcome!

- Maria

Offline MBSeaWA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 September 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
OK, I am looking at the records for Harry Thomas Timson -- our cousin has traced his paternal line back, so we have his grandfather Henry (Harry) Timson b. 1835 Ware, England, d. 1893  -- but no information listed for the siblings of same. So I cannot confirm the connection to your family.

Best, Maria

Offline Iniskim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 January 20 02:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello. Esther (Ewing) and Harry Thomas Timson were my paternal grandparents  and I have information on his direct paternal line back to Benjamin Timson born 1774 (my grandfather's great-great-grandfather). From this Benjamin until my grandfather, the men were all bargeman, all married to bargemen's daughters, and all born in Ware, England. Some were Roma (gypsy) and/or married Roma women, not uncommon among bargemen then. His paternal grandfather Henry (Harry) Timson had a brother named Benjamin (b. 5/23/1824) who married Eleanor Cordell in 1844. One of their children was Benjamin Cordell Timson, who married Susan Tilcock in 1875. In turn, one of their children was Benjamin John Timson, b 1876, who fell on hard times. See "The Quality of Mercy Strained--Theft from a Barge: A Sad Case", Herts Mercury 26th May 1906, by Brian S.

Offline Iniskim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 January 20 02:55 GMT (UK) »
I do not have a marriage date for my grandparents, but Washington was a common law state so one way or another they were married. The story goes that they met in British Columbia while Esther was visiting relatives there. I am surprised to hear about naturalization paperwork because my grandfather reportedly remained undocumented at least through WWII. Stories abound.

Offline Iniskim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 30 January 20 03:07 GMT (UK) »
Parents of my grandfather Harry Thomas Timson:  Henry (Harry) Timson (b 1868, d 1896) and Lydia Carolina Brunswick Jones (b 1866 or 67, d 1935), married 8/17/1890.
Parents of Henry (Harry) Timson: Henry (Harry) Timson (b 1835, d 1893) and Emma Wilkins (b 1836, d 1886), married 1856, with a second marriage to Anne Berry.
Parents of Henry (Harry) Timson: Henry Timson (b 1798, d by 1861 at latest) and Rebecca Chapman (b 1801, d 1862), married 11/27/1817 at All Saints Hertford. These are the parents of Benjamin b 1824.
Parents of Henry Timson: Benjamin Timson (b 1774, d ?) and Jane Aylon, married in 1794 at All Saints Hertford.

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 10:50 GMT (UK) »
After all this time I do not know if you will see this, but I hope so. Thank you for all your help and information. I have no excuse for this late reply other than ' I never ever saw it until two days ago, I do not understand why but offer sincere apologies.
I have also sent a PM.
Bear - Essex/ London/Middlesex
Fleming - Stockton,Wiltshire,
Gatward - Essex/Middlesex
Haggar/Hagger- Essex/Middlesex
Osborne - Somerset/Lond/Middlesex. CAN/USA
Page -Essex/Hertfordshire/Middlesex/Canada/USA
Rawlings - Lond/Middlesex UK
Woodroff/e -Wiltshire, Lond/Middlesex
Tillcock - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire