Author Topic: Wilhelmina Amalia Ledingson, Germany/Russia c1820  (Read 507 times)

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Wilhelmina Amalia Ledingson, Germany/Russia c1820
« on: Wednesday 13 April 16 13:50 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help please? My GGGGG Grandfather Charles Heath 1826 Bucks Married Wilhelmina Amalia Ledingson in the English Chaplaincy in St Petersburgh Russia in 1861, I know of all his family and daughter Olga Mordvinova but cant find Wilhelmina anywhere, Any info would be fantastic
Chris Heath
Heath Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire/Berkshire

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilhelmina Amalia Ledingson, Germany/Russia c1820
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 April 16 11:06 BST (UK) »
Mordvinova is a Russian surname - so - could Wilhelminas mothers maiden name have been  Mordvinova and Olga was given that as a middle name ??
from a familytree
 Natalia Nikolaïevna Mordvinova
Born in 1794 St Petersbourg , Russian Fedreration
Deceased in 1882 , age at death: 88 years old
sibling
Vera Nikolaïevna Mordvinova 1790-1834
their father
Nikolaï Semenovich Mordvinova, born 17 April 1754 (Wednesday), Deceased 30 March 1845 (Sunday) age at death: 90 years old, Ministre de la marine
St Petersbourg
Russian Federation

at least it is something for you to research ....

another thought - was Wilhelmina a spinster when she married Charles in 1861 - Charles would have been 35 - how old was Wilhelmina ?...could Mordvinova have been Wilhelminas maiden name  and she had married a Ledingson previously ??...Ledingson sounds English - not Russian ??
something for you to think about  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 April 16 11:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you, im on it right now, its been a bit of a struggle as Charles was tutor to the last Tzar of russia and lived with them for 40 years and given a state funeral, his daughter Olga married a Mordinova who was one of the Tzars entourage and is related to Queen Wilhemina Amalia of Pursia, strang that being her name too, anyways, thanks again,
Chris

Offline edencars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 April 16 18:34 BST (UK) »
Charles married Wilhelmina Amalia Ledringson in 1861, According to Princess Olga Kulikovsky. they had 2 children altogether, I think your right at that age it might of been her second marriage:-----

Here is a letter from her to my grandfather
6/1/1959

Our dearly beloved "Old Man - as we called him, was one of our best friends from early childhood until his death.  He lived for so many years with us all - had his apartment in the Palace of Gatchina] (about 40 miles from St Petersburg) where his wife (born Benvis[?]) & two daughters lived with him.  The eldest daughter Amy died some years before her parents, & the younger one Olga Luisa married a Russian guard officer Mordvinoff-(Anatoli Mordvinova) she had one daughter Marie - now living in Bavaria at the head of a children’s sanatorium (up in the mountains) & two boys Alec & Mickey (both died of Meningitis at the age of 7 & 8).  In "Old Man's" early youth - after he had finished Cambridge & came to Russia - he taught English at University of Law (called the Lyceum) in St Petersburg.  When we travelled in Russia - he used to suddenly see a high official at different stations - to whom he shouted: "Hullo my dear boy!  Glad to see you again after so many years" - this being one of his pupils.  All those "high-placed" old gentlemen loved their teacher & responded heartily!!  Mr Heath was an ardent fisherman & often in my childhood - he would cut up one of my play things (balls mostly) & ask me to sew it round a fishing hook - as a bate for trout’s!  He also taught us all to row properly, to ride, to play games & never to cheat [underlined] etc.  Such was our dear old Man!  He died when I was 15 from a tired heart - (I am now just turned 77 - that is 61 years ago . . .  I am glad you that you wanted to hear more about him & wrote to me & hope I gave you - at least in a small way - a sort of picture of this dear honest gentlemanly soul - so dear to us all . . .  Strange to say - that this week I also got a letter from far off relations to my dearest [underlined] old English nurse Mrs Elizabeth Franklin who was with me from my birth in 1882 - until her death in 1914 (in my house in St Petersburg).  I have saved several small watercolours - which dear old man used to paint - daily - s if [?] I hadn't had them from him he used to tear them up - but when he saw them framed in my room he often exclaimed "Oh my dear child - what lovely watercolours - where did you get them from?"  With best wishes & thanks for asking me - this brought him back so vividly to my mind.
Olga
Mrs Kulikovsky.