Author Topic: Searching for so long. (Help)  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for so long. (Help)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 14:53 BST (UK) »
If you google your mothers first, middle and last names you will see that there was someone with that name who had a business in NSW in 2004.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:07 BST (UK) »
Jill Maree B was at the 26 Skene St address from 1967 to 1980. It looks possible that Leonard and Mary were her parents (so your grandparents). Jill was a typist.

You can see at the house on google streetview.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:34 BST (UK) »
Just out of interest ... a letter to the newspaper

adding : it is such a small town that I think a letter addressed to her at that town may find her (or be forwarded onto her)  Worth a try  :)
Beresfield, NSW, 2322
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:39 BST (UK) »
Jill, May I ask how your mother came to be in London to give birth to you there? (don't answer if you do not wish to) It just seems a little unusual as she was on the Australian electoral rolls so obviously living there.

Offline Afia567

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Roots Chat Community

Thank you for all replying and helping me.
The Skene Street address is written behind a picture I have of my mum. I've tried so many years to find out answers. But all I could find on the internet was the electrol rolls, her cancelled businesses. A few years back I wrote a letter to the Skene Street address, however I did not receive a reply. I have never lived in Australia and I am currently living in UK. I'm also not sure why my mother came to London to give birth to me here. It seems like she vanished from earth.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 22:55 BST (UK) »
These are two indexed death notices for other people by this "B" surname on the Ryerson index.  One is in the Bendigo Advertiser.  First name Lorna.

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

You could possibly request a look up of that notice.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 23:35 BST (UK) »
Good idea Nova.

Afia, It could be worth trying to locate siblings of your mother, or people who may be related to your family (cousins etc).

Australian records are difficult to research as we have strict privacy rules and restrictions about availability of the more recent births, deaths and marriages. So unless someone has an online presence or their death has been transcribed into a database such as the Ryerson index as posted by Nova, then people can be difficult to track down. Maybe this is one of the reasons you are having difficulty finding your Mum.

You say you have a picture of your Mum. Where did you get this from? Would whoever gave that to you be able to give more information?

Do you know your father? Does he know anything about your mother's movements?

Have you considered contacting the Salvation Army to help you in your search? This is one of the things they do.

Added: B*** may be Lorna's married name, but it is a recent death.  :-\ In the electoral rolls I noticed one family which appear to live in a similar area to Afia's mum and family. It could be worth checking the above index for these names too. Added: I just checked the surname alone and there are just the two deaths recorded as noted by Nova.

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 23:45 BST (UK) »
You could make a "Subject Access Request" for your medical records  to the Hospital in which you were born.      That may just give you a few more facts to help you.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 23:54 BST (UK) »
There's a local TV show "Long Lost Family" where they research and unite adopted children and similar cases
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/long-lost-family
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland