Author Topic: Joseph Thomas SQUIRE  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Audrey squires

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Thomas SQUIRE
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 04 November 17 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Juleznz, I also have information on Jane Campbell and her family. I have just decided to start looking at family tree again. I have wondered if Joseph Thomas Squire was born, as he has stated on birth certificates of his children, in America. Years ago I found a Joseph Thomas Squire born in England and wondered if that was him. There is a book in the Auckland library with a list of Deserters from ships that had come to NZ. There was a Joseph Thomas Squire in that book dates fitted in with around time I thought he arrived here so have often thought he may have been covering something up. Was just a thought have not tried to find anymore out about him. Two Campbel sisters married on the same day, same place and time, Jane to Joseph Thomas Squire and the other sister, Helen (if I remember correctly). Helen married john strathon Gilmore. They never had children so presume sisters were very close and that is how my Grand father got his name. Glenys

Offline juleznz

• RootsChat Member
  • who am i
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Thomas SQUIRE
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 04 November 17 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenys :)
great to hear from you.I have sent you my email address :)
Julie-Ann
Juleznz, I also have information on Jane Campbell and her family. I have just decided to start looking at family tree again. I have wondered if Joseph Thomas Squire was born, as he has stated on birth certificates of his children, in America. Years ago I found a Joseph Thomas Squire born in England and wondered if that was him. There is a book in the Auckland library with a list of Deserters from ships that had come to NZ. There was a Joseph Thomas Squire in that book dates fitted in with around time I thought he arrived here so have often thought he may have been covering something up. Was just a thought have not tried to find anymore out about him. Two Campbel sisters married on the same day, same place and time, Jane to Joseph Thomas Squire and the other sister, Helen (if I remember correctly). Helen married john strathon Gilmore. They never had children so presume sisters were very close and that is how my Grand father got his name. Glenys
BIXLEY- any
SALT -Staffordshire eng
CRESSWELL -Nelson NZ Cornwall Eng

BROWN-England-Gisborne NZ Whaling connection
Scotland Interests
Fife- Fortune,Mason,Motion,Gray,
Fenwick and Loundoun Parishes-HOWIE/WYLIE/YOUNG/WOODBURN/MITCHEL
USA/British America interests
HOWLAND/VANSICKLE/TILLEY/LOTHROPP/COBB
 Canada ---MOLLARD-
,SIGGLEKOW/SCHWASS-Nelson NZ,

Offline Janette