Author Topic: Catholic Burials near Aughnacloy  (Read 2469 times)

Offline EllenMcKenna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Burials near Aughnacloy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 February 20 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I used both of these sites. I need records from 1800 to 1845 for births marriages and deaths in Aughnacloy.  The church records only start from 1845.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  I am looking for information on a family McNamee. The father, Peter was a shoemaker in Aughnacloy and one of his sons John also trained as a shoemaker with his father. John moved at some stage to live and work in Armagh.  I have his marriage certificate from 1887, and his father was died by ths time.  But can not find anything recording his death.

Offline noseyjosey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 February 20 19:14 GMT (UK) »
It will be tiresome but you could check the early Catholic Church records on microfilm  for Aghaloo Parish at www.nli.ie. Sometimes people act as sponsors at baptism or witness at marriage and this can give you some idea of possible relatives. It is not definitive but it can help, sometimes. Also think of checking neighbouring parishes, such as Killeeshil, Errigal Kieran and Errigal Trough. A days subscription to Rootsireland can help narrow things down and it isn't too expensive.

Offline EllenMcKenna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 February 20 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I will give it a shot.