Author Topic: 23 Coombe Dublin 1911  (Read 801 times)

Offline dh664ly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
23 Coombe Dublin 1911
« on: Monday 25 April 16 20:46 BST (UK) »
Interested to know if anyone has any info/is relative of a family Healy who lived at above address around time of census...Mothers maiden name might have been Doyle...

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Coombe Dublin 1911
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 April 16 23:12 BST (UK) »

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 April 16 23:43 BST (UK) »
Catherine does appear to be formally Doyle
Likely son Francis birth 10 August 1910
http://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/467a300436859
Likely James 30 June 1907
http://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/ce1bfb0755017

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 00:13 BST (UK) »

Offline dh664ly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 20:19 BST (UK) »
Sinann...the reason for my interest in this family is I have been trying to trace where my father might have come from ...he was Frank Healy,born 1910,fostered by a family in Co. Antrim around 1913/14.....was certainly fostered out by the Catholic Church....(along with another man Frederick Alexander....not to same family) Only official piece of info. my father possessed was a note sent by the local PP when he turned 14 ...Dear Mrs O Boyle As franks grant now stops.....if you wish I can have him well looked after(elsewhere)...Mrs O Boyle didnt take up the offer,he married my mother 1938 and died a happy man in 1996.....I have looked at a few similar Frank Healys but each proven as not my father....this is simply another possible.....can you suggest any way forward .....DH

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 21:20 BST (UK) »
Oh difficult.
My first thought was that Antrim is quite far from Dublin so I'd expect he was born closer to Antrim but the church had a countrywide network so I guess any where is possible.
The next census isn't until 1926 and I don't know when the Northern Ireland one will be released.

Did your father know his father's name when he was getting married? Have you got his marriage cert?

The period after the 1911 Census is one of the more difficult to search as you run into data protection issues and of course a child is even more difficult as they are not getting married etc.

Someone was paying a grant for him so there must be a record of that somewhere, have you tried the church the PP sent the letter from?
Also the school he attended might be worth a try.

Was he ever given a reason why he was fostered?
I'm thinking of a tragic event that might have been reported in the Newspapers?

Did he know his exact birth date?
Was his mother married? I don't see any Francis Healy born to mother Healy from 1909 to 1911 but there is an unknown Healy male born 17 Jan 1910 Nenagh, oddly enough there seems to be two. I haven't checked the census for this child/children.

Did he know if he had any siblings?

Hopefully someone who knows more about fostering at the time will see this and have better suggestions.

Offline dh664ly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 20:27 BST (UK) »
Sinann, Firstly, thanks for your interest and time....to your many queries... I have tried to find some trace of his existence prior to his fostering.... parish,diocese, public records etc but nothing...on his marriage cert. "orphan" fills the space for parents....his birthday was 31.3.1910...at least thats when it was celebrated but nothing official exists to confirm this date....he often said he just didnt know where/who he came from and never liked to enquire too much as the O Boyles, the family who he was reared with, might interpret this as him being in some way ungrateful .....he always spoke of his appreciation of the goodness of the family and the way they treated him. I will take a look at the Nenagh births and try a few more avenues....again Thanks ...DH

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 21:37 BST (UK) »
IrishGenealogy gives full dates of birth, I don't see a Healy born 31 March 1910, there is a Francis born 29 March 1910 but I think I found him in the census and I don't see deaths for his parents between 1911 and  1914
http://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/97f6640477723

The 31 March might be the day he arrived at the O'Boyle's home.

He must have been baptised somewhere, a baptism cert should have been needed when he made his first communion, his local church may prove to be your best bet.