Author Topic: Sophia MaudPassmore born 1905 and Lea Mude Passmore born 1910 Camborne  (Read 14357 times)

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia MaudPassmore born 1905 and Lea Mude Passmore born 1910 Camborne
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 11 January 18 17:53 GMT (UK) »
she spoke of Bertie and Ethel, and she used to call her uncle William, willie, as I recalled but, I think there is major confusion here. I believe we are dealing with grandparent, parent and their children, maybe the confusion is we are mixing between cousins. I know that Leanita purchased a few homes in Cromwall and I have a picture of her father and the worker building her first home. She said in her Bio, that her uncle took from her all these properties and refused to return them to her as she was the sole owner of these properties. I still have the picture of these homes. she returned to Canada with broken heart

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 11 January 18 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Leanita has some notes where she was referring to Marina who was living in 1881 with her parents and siblings at 3, East Charles Street,Camborne and in 1901 she went to live at Tehidy and she cut all her contacts with her

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:04 GMT (UK) »
There is also mentioned in her Bio about her uncle Willie LIoyed, who had difficulty with his father. who happened to be Henry's son, I believe Henry was her grandfather and not her father, Richard is not her father either,  but she wrote about him that he raised her for three years only before she visited the united state with her Aunt Lillie. and Richard was the one who took his sister Lillie and Leanita to the Titanic ship heading to new York in 1912, When leanita was 4 years old. 

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:06 GMT (UK) »
For info.

Richard Goninon who married Louisa Trezize was born 1884 birth entry Redruth on GRO indexes gives his mmn Williams

This looks to be his parents marriage entry

Marriage
Mar 1879 Redruth
Richard Goninon
Female name on same page
Ann Selina Williams

Can’t post details of latest census but mother Ann S from 1901 census her name is written as Anselina, 6 children are with her.

This appears to be the death of her husband Richard

Richard Goninon of 3 Foundry Row Camborne, miner died 4 Jul 1915 Cornwall, England
 Probate 24 Jul 1915 Bodmin to John Goninon butcher and Edward Goninon moulder

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:13 GMT (UK) »
1901 Marina is living at Tehidy Road, Camborne, Redruth, Cornwall.,with husband and 3 sons Lloyd;Jack and Bertie.

1881 she is living at 3, East Charles Street, Camborne, Redruth, Cornwall wth her parents and siblings.

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Leanita has some notes where she was referring to Marina who was living in 1881 with her parents and siblings at age 3, she also mentioned the address on East Charles Street,Camborne and in 1901 she went to live at Tehidy and she cut all her contacts with her
I wonder why she cut contact with Marina.

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Leanita was not aware of other siblings accept her brother Per. I am not sure if it was hidden from her or not. but there is no other siblings to Leanita but Percy

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:34 GMT (UK) »
My understanding that Richard had difficulty with his speech, he used to stutter, Leanita was raised from age 4 until she died in Canada in 1992. and her ashes were spread over the pacific ocean per her request. she did not have too much communication with her family after they stripped her wealth away from her.

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 11 January 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure why she stopped her communication with Marina? not much saying about them. she wrote in fact two books about her life and she mentioned about the people who meant a lot to her and were in contact with her