Author Topic: Bradbury/ Llanidloes  (Read 3488 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Bradbury/ Llanidloes
« on: Wednesday 20 July 05 08:50 BST (UK) »
Searching for any info re the above, William Eric Bradbury  Brn. C 1910/20 was my step father, he had a brother Frank, who lived with his family in  the Reading area, i think also there was a sister Eileen who suffered injuries as a child from a kick from a pony, years gone by the family were roumered to have some cnnection with the market house ! Any Info Appreciated Tony
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Bradbury/ Llanidloes
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Bodger

Welcome to Rootschat!!!  Hope you find this site useful with your family history.

I have done a search for William Eric Bradbury on Genes Reunited and one shows up born 1915 in Llanidloes.  The member is "Anthony".   I am a full member of GR and would be more than willing to contact Anthony on your behalf - Let me know if you would like me to do this.

Edit: I've just noticed that you are Tony - are you the one on Genes Reunited????? :D

I do have Bradbury's from Llanidloes in my tree but not sure whether they are related to your William or not.  My 2nd Cousin, Avis Bennett, married a Tommy Bradbury who was born in 1911 in Llanidloes. I am in contact with a distant Bradbury cousin who still lives in Llanidloes so I will email her to see whether she has your Bradbury's in her tree.

I also have a List of Llanidloes Men who served during WW1 - too early for your William Bradbury, I know - however there are some Bradbury's listed:-

BRADBURY, Isaac, 12 Penygraig, 2/7 RWF
BRADBURY, Tom, King's Own Yorks
BRADBURY, Wm, 22 Long Bridge Street, Sergt, 2/7 RWF

RWF - Royal Welsh Fusiliers

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 17:01 BST (UK) »
I was just using the Free BMD site (Civil Registration Index of Brths, Marriages and Deaths for England and Wales) so decided to look for your William Bradbury.

My search found this entry:-

Births in September Quarter 1908

BRADBURY, William Eric
District: Newtown
Volume: 11b
Page 137

Newtown is the registration district for Llanidloes.

With this reference you could request the birth certificate from the General Register Office http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/, which would give you parents names etc.  The cost is £7.

Hope this helps.

Jan

P.S.  I have emailed my distant cousin in Llanidloes and am just awaiting her reply.

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 20:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for info. , the 1908 Newtown, sounds like my family, will keep you posted , yes I'm the Anthony In  G. R. , the date should have read Circa 
 thanks again Tony
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 20:36 BST (UK) »
My relative has emailed me back already.  She's forwarded the information on to her Dad as he has done more on their Tree than she has.

Will keep you posted.

Jan

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 20:59 BST (UK) »
Jan, Thank's Tony