Author Topic: Elizabeth D. Allardice....Scotland to New Zealand  (Read 2472 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Elizabeth D. Allardice....Scotland to New Zealand
« on: Thursday 28 April 16 20:39 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Elizabeth D. Allardice,she was born 1876 in Scotland.
She was the daughter of Elizabeth & John Allardice.
She had a brother,John Russell born in 1879 in Scotland.
This family of 4 arrived c 1883 in Otago,New Zealand as another brother Russell Taylor Allardice was born in 1884 in Dunedin,Otago,New Zealand.
Did she marry or ?
  Thanks from Canada
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth D. Allardice....Scotland to New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 16 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Do you know what the D stood for?

There was also this birth

1886/8727   Allardice    William Callander    Elizabeth   John

Cheers Janette

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:02 BST (UK) »
I can only see two marriages for an Elizabeth Allardice on NZ BMD's. One is for an Elizabeth Baxter Allardice in 1912 and the other for an Ada Elizabeth Allardice in 1897.  I think Ada was born in Tamaki(?) in 1876.
Elizabeth Baxter Allardice married Charles Shae Mclean.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:12 BST (UK) »
This may rule out the Elizabeth Baxter Allardice as this gives her birth date c 1886.
Charles Shae McLean
born about 1879 and died age 55 on 30 Oct 1934
Buried at Wakapuaka cemetery Nelson
Spouse - Elizabeth Baxter McLean died age 59 on 18 November 1945

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:17 BST (UK) »
  I believe Elizabeth's middle name is Dickson/Dixson.
I might also add that John Allardice (her father) died in Aug 1893 at Otaga and there is possibility that his Widow moved on to Victoria,Australia. If that is the case I might have to post a notice there.
Reason for this thinking is that Elizabeth's(1876) 3 brothers died in Victoria,Australia.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:20 BST (UK) »
Janette,
         Yes,William Callander born Apr 1886 is the youngest brother to Elizabeth born 1876.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Janette...I was not aware the probates were on Family Search.
John was just 50 years old and his wife was only 40 years old and left with  4 wee children, having only being in a new country for 10 years...must have been tough.
  Like so many others!
   Cheers and thanks  Ann

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 April 16 22:16 BST (UK) »

I might also add that John Allardice (her father) died in Aug 1893 at Otaga and there is possibility that his Widow moved on to Victoria,Australia. If that is the case I might have to post a notice there.
Reason for this thinking is that Elizabeth's(1876) 3 brothers died in Victoria,Australia.

Hi ... this appears to be death of Elizabeth (w/o John).

Deaths - Australia

Year:  1941
ALLARDICE - Elizabeth - 88 years
bc  1853
Death Place:  Prahran, Victoria
Father:   John TAYLOR
Mother:  Callander unknown

Did a brief check of Australian newspapers for death notices - Elizabeth snr. and William Callende [sic] ALLARDICE (died Vic. 1958) - found nothing.   :(

~  Lu

bc  8853