Author Topic: Restoration needed please if possible of Grandma Ray  (Read 2027 times)

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Restoration needed please if possible of Grandma Ray
« on: Saturday 30 April 16 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi to all you great restoration members, I'm back again!

I have 2 photos, the wedding photo taken approx. 3 or 4 years prior (maybe) but certainly no longer than 4 as the young woman in the couple photo died in 1942 age 22 and the wedding photo was taken in 1937.  I don't know what happened to the couple photo but I obtained it in this condition, so wonder if anyone can make anything of it at all.  This may or may not be a help, but the reason I have posted the wedding pic is because the lady in the couple photo is one of the bridesmaids in the wedding photo I'm just not sure which one it was.  This lady was my Aunt and as I never knew or saw her I have no idea what she looked like.  The bride is also my Aunt but they were only half sisters so they didn't obviously look alike.
In the wedding photo, my grandparents are one side with a young darkish haired bridesmaid, who I thought was my Aunt.  On the other side is the groom's mother.  Standing next to the grooms mother is my young pageboy Uncle and standing next to him is the blonde haired bridesmaid who a relative has said is our Aunt not the other one.  I have no idea at all which is which, as in my Dad's family there were 3 dark haired and 3 blondish, so that's not a lot to go on.

The couple photo I am now wondering, is this the same person/bridesmaid we see standing next to the pageboy and the same man from the couple photo standing between her and the bride??  Would the groom be standing next to the bride or behind the bride as I have no idea what the groom looked like as he also died before I was born and I have no other photos.

Any ideas and feedback appreciated as would any restoration can be made if at all.

Many thanks in advance.
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration needed please if possible
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 April 16 15:05 BST (UK) »
I'm having trouble uploading the one of the couple but I'll keep trying as that's the one which needs restoration.
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 April 16 15:08 BST (UK) »
Does anyone think there is something wrong with the bridesmaid with dark hair, I've only just noticed, but it appears she has a massive lump on her stomach which is making her dress ruche.  anybody else see it?

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 April 16 20:24 BST (UK) »
Needs wide imagination ..hope its fine

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 April 16 21:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry...I think without another photo of her to capture her features it would just be a question of making it up and that it wouldn't be truly representative. There isn't enough information to capture a true likeness.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 April 16 22:19 BST (UK) »
I agree Carol, I had a look at it but couldn't make much out. It looks as if she might have high cheekbones, but that's about  all you can tell.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 May 16 07:34 BST (UK) »
I agree with you Carol and Pat ...But from my understanding of human being face features and measurements ..and taking wedding picture as reference ..I found that Third lady from left side of photo up to 90% is the same person on couple photo ..using another pro-programs will help to build the missed face ...Its my experience but at same time it is not 100% true face.

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration needed please if possible of Grandma Ray
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 01 May 16 15:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all who replied and to Loord74 for your great restoration and yes, I agree it is difficult to imagine how she must have looked but having another opinion on who it could have been on the wedding photo is a great help.
Many thanks
Catherine

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration needed please if possible of Grandma Ray
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 May 16 18:50 BST (UK) »
Couple of goes from me.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk