Author Topic: Newspaper articles about triple homicide  (Read 13385 times)

Offline Aspergirl73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newspaper articles about triple homicide
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando,  I am not reluctant to use my Grandmothers surname but I am not sure what it was. My family have only ever referred to Pauline by her first name.  My records have come from Ancestry and I am a beginner so I am sure everything I have is easy to find.  I think the last name Pauline used was Baker but I am not positive.  The verbal information I received from family hasn't been helpful for a search except that Pauline did live in Goolwa and was unwell with cancer at that time the records state that she died.

I have got all of my information from things other people have recorded on Ancestry, for example:
"Name: Pauline Margaret Surname: Baker Last Abode: Goolwa Beach Date of Death: 05/07/2003 (Aged 65 Years) Sex: Female Cremation Records for this Person Cremation Date: 09/07/2003"

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:24 BST (UK) »
I assume you have taken your information from Ancestry's online trees.  I always treat online trees with a degree of caution unless they are well referenced and sources noted so you can check the information.  I haven't looked at them all just one that had a different death date.

Now with your information - her cremation record at Centennial Park.

http://www.centennialpark.org/memorial-search/pauline-margaret-baker-541718/

Why don't you get a copy of her death notice.  Someone must have arranged her cremation etc.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aspergirl73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:26 BST (UK) »
"Yes all of that is easily found but have you all the death notices and names of their children...occasionally the daughters will have their married names printed". 

I don't have death notices yet.

"Perhaps you know your mother's other two sisters' details".

I know all of the siblings first names.  I have met one of my Mum's siblings with the same parents and one of Mum's siblings who has a different Father.  All of my Mum's siblings are alive (I think) apart from Shirley Cherrington and a brother born to a different Father.  I am not in a position to find out more information from them at the moment which is why I am still searching for more information about Graham.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:31 BST (UK) »

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:41 BST (UK) »
Perhaps it is time to gently approach your mother for some information about her sisters ie at least their surnames.

My only other suggestion is to place an advertisement in The Murray Pioneer, the Renmark newspaper seeking information about or contact with persons who knew Graham.
http://www.murraypioneer.com.au/

Cando

Offline Aspergirl73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 08 May 16 11:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you Cando.  You have been very helpful and it is a great idea for me to contact the Murray Pioneer.  I won't upset my Mum at the moment with more questions (this whole topic is very painful for her) but I will continue to quietly search.  My next step is contacting the Library and then my Husband and I plan to visit some of the grave sites.  Should I close this topic? 

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 09 May 16 01:18 BST (UK) »
That's up to you :)  You can mark the topic Completed by modifying the heading in your first post.

Good luck :)

Cando

Offline Tony T.

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 04 November 16 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I was a schoolboy in Whyalla at the time of these murders--a friend of mine, Brenton Stewart, lived next door to the house in which they occurred.

Offline curious_george

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 25 February 18 06:01 GMT (UK) »
I am a bit confused. Are you saying that Shirley had 2 siblings, because there are 11. Or Pauline?