Author Topic: Odd old Wolverley adddress  (Read 2366 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Odd old Wolverley adddress
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 May 16 17:22 BST (UK) »
I must admit that I can't see it on the Wolverhampton Road - the list states numbers 50/51?? - but the road does lead to

Edit - I think it is in this group of properties with three other properties (nos 52 53 and 54) also on the Local Heritage List   http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sidebyside.cfm#zoom=17&lat=52.4033&lon=-2.2297&layers=171&right=BingHyb  It is hidden by a high hedge on Streetview

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 May 16 20:30 BST (UK) »
Where the smithy is on that OS map? That is the cluster of houses that I was trying to describe in Reply#7 so I don't think we are in disagreement after all.

" just to the north east of Broadwaters, on the road to Cookley, near Heath House"
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mezentia

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 May 16 20:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your replies - they make fascinating reading  :D and there's some interesting resources to check out that I'd not seen before.
Anderson - Leics., Yorks.; Attwood - Worcs., Staffs.,  Salop; Baylis - Worcs.; Beach/Bache - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Bills - Devon, Worcs.<br />Dovey - Worcs., Staff., Salop; Gill - Worcs.; Hampton - Worcs., Staffs.; Hancox/Hancocks - Worcs., Staffs.<br />Hill - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Sherwood - Worcs., Staffs.; Stonyer - Worcs., Staff., Salop, Essex<br />Woodall - Worcs., Staffs.; Potter - Essex.