Author Topic: Dunwich Parish Marriages-BALL  (Read 1034 times)

Offline LindaN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dunwich Parish Marriages-BALL
« on: Tuesday 10 May 16 12:57 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the marriage records of Albert BALL and Elizabeth Jane TYRELL. I found the marriage record on the index but would love to find the record that has their father's names etc.

They were married 21 Apr 1890 in the Dunwich Parish Church, Suffolk. Her name in the index was TYRRELL although the family records has it spelled as TYRELL.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me, thank you.
Prangnell, Chapman, How, Mumford, Henwood, Owen, Wormald, Robins, Bendall, Turner, Ayton, Watts, Baker, Wiltshire, Longman, Moody, Talbot.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dunwich Parish Marriages-BALL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 13:19 BST (UK) »
I doubt if records that late will be online, so unless there is anyone who can visit the church and look at them, you may need to send for the certificate from the GRO.

Marriages Jun 1890

Ball Albert       
Tyrrell    Elizabeth   

Blything    4a   1321

If you send for the certificate, you need to spell the names as given on the record rather than how you know the family wrote them.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 May 16 16:38 BST (UK) »
Taken from Dunwich parish register

Albert Ball - 28 - bachelor of Dunwich - Coastguard
Elizabeth Jane Tyrell - 19 - spinster of Dunwich
Married 21st April 1890
Both signed their names
Fathers: Samuel Ball - Collier, and Frederick Tyrell - Station Officer Coastguard
In presence of: Frederick Tyrell, Alice Westoby and Gustavin Parkes/Parker

Offline LindaN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 May 16 02:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you annes,

I had finally worked out her fathers name was Frederick but the name Samuel Ball is new to me.
Prangnell, Chapman, How, Mumford, Henwood, Owen, Wormald, Robins, Bendall, Turner, Ayton, Watts, Baker, Wiltshire, Longman, Moody, Talbot.

Offline LindaN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
I know its been a few years since I started this thread but I have been stuck ever since on the name Samuel Ball. None of the Samuel Ball's I have found in the area at the time seem to match as the possible father of my Albert Ball.

I have found the most likely Albert in census records but the father is listed as James Ball. He is a Collier as mentioned on the marriage record and they are living in the same area where Albert was born.

I am wondering if maybe the name was transcribed wrong from the register and Samuel should actually be James. Does anyone have access to the original register or have any other ideas?

My mother in law bought an Ancestry subscription for me to research her tree and its running out soon so don't have time to order a certificate in order to follow this line before my sub. runs out. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thank you.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 June 20 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hello  ;)

I see that Annes did the original look up for you, she uses the Lowestoft branch of the Suffolk Archives (formerly the SRO). So no doubt she used the fiche of the original parish record.

Until the Archives re-open, we are all stuck on using what we can find on-line, not always reliable.

Suffolk Mawther

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 June 20 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hello  ;)

I see that Annes did the original look up for you, she uses the Lowestoft branch of the Suffolk Archives (formerly the SRO). So no doubt she used the fiche of the original parish record.

Until the Archives re-open, we are all stuck on using what we can find on-line, not always reliable.

Suffolk Mawther

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?