Author Topic: St Davids Roman Catholic Chapel, Bute Terrace, Cardiff  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Davids Roman Catholic Chapel, Bute Terrace, Cardiff
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Thatís Bute Terrace. Sorry itís an image i found, donít know from when or size.

Iíve just remembered that i found a copy of a booklet on St Davidís Cathedral and it gives a bit of history. Hereís what looks like the same picture and details of opening and cost.

Sorry, not having much luck with photos, but it opened in 1842 and cost a total of £2,124 17s 8d inc architects fees and purchase of the site!
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online toby webb

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 22:37 GMT (UK) »
I shall have to find a way to get down to the Cardiff Local history Unit. I need to do this anyway for there is probably more to be found on Adam Street and there are also gravestones to be discovered & photographed in Newport, Mon & Aberdare.
Thank you very much Deirdre for that quantum jump in my F.H.
Toby.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 March 19 07:01 GMT (UK) »
No problem Toby, pleased to help.

You could try emailing the library and see what they say, maybe they could scan a copy for you?

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....