Author Topic: Price family of Cadoxton Barry Glamorgan  (Read 13152 times)

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
Re: Price family of Cadoxton Barry Glamorgan
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 24 February 19 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Whiteout and every one else who has offered info re: Price family, thank you all so much for researching for me, I do appreciate this. Living in Canada it is not easy to find out any info.
Form what I gather yes my granddad Creddy, Carago, Cradoc) was married twice, the first to Emily Slender then to my gran Catherine Rafferty
My granddad had a brother named Ivor
My granddmother left my grandfather about 1951 and her partner that she spent the rest of her life with was one called Aldy Ryles or Riley not sure how he spelt that.
My grandddad died in 1963 in Cadoxton
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline FredPrice

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 14:49 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was 2 thumbs Henry Price. He was married to Big Emily. They stopped in Pontypool, Cardiff, Swansea and throughout Wales. They had a large family. Their sons were: Harry, Rocky, Oldy, Nailly, and Henry. Their daughters were: Eenie, Bitty, Tilly, Nora and Lucy.

2 thumbs Henry is believed to have a sister called Rose and i would like to find out if he had any more brothers or sisters and who they were married into.

His last child, Lucy died in 2002. She was 87 when she died. She also had a large family. She was married to Ben Price.

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hallo Fred, your on here too:)) There's a good page I am on in FB called Friends of Romany Gypsies, lots of people on it Fred.
Moved to Florida in 1970
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 14 April 19 15:45 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was 2 thumbs Henry Price. He was married to Big Emily. They stopped in Pontypool, Cardiff, Swansea and throughout Wales. They had a large family. Their sons were: Harry, Rocky, Oldy, Nailly, and Henry. Their daughters were: Eenie, Bitty, Tilly, Nora and Lucy.

2 thumbs Henry is believed to have a sister called Rose and i would like to find out if he had any more brothers or sisters and who they were married into.

His last child, Lucy died in 2002. She was 87 when she died. She also had a large family. She was married to Ben Price.

I wonder what Big Emily's maiden name was?
There was a Lucy Ann Price born in 1915 in Pontypridd. This lady could be about the right age to be your Lucy Price.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline Ash434

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 28 May 20 17:28 BST (UK) »

Have you found out anything else about this family Tilly is my great grandmother

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 31 July 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
We're trying to investigate my daughter's Romany roots and we know she is a Price descendant from her DNA.  We know her grandmother was called Mona Mary Price, born in 1933 - and know she must be related to Caradock somewhere along the way but can't link her to any of the extensive Price family - and we can't pin point her birth records or in the 1939 register.  So would be grateful for any clues or help anyone could give us!

We know Mona married Ronald Rogers in Durham in 1952 but spent time in South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire - they had 6 children.  In 1970, Mona was no longer with Ronald but was living with a Raymond John Smith in Chesterfield - she had two children with Raymond a girl and a boy who were later adopted when she and Raymond split up.

Mona and Ronald's 8 children went to live with their father in Barnsley. 

Mona was described as small, with a beautiful complexion, brown eyes and brown curly hair.  She had a pleasant personality.  Her mother was travelling in Ireland - but we know very little about her.

In approx 1972 Mona moved to a traveller site in Darnall, Sheffield.  She was living in caravan with a young child and was making a living by selling lace and pegs.  This is where the trail ends.

There are few Mona Price's born in 1933 - but none of them look as if they were born into a travelling family.  We don't even know where in the UK she was born - or she could have been born in Ireland?

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 00:21 BST (UK) »
Hallo Jilly would you mind if I posted your message on a Roma page on FB so much more info there?
Moved to Florida in 1970

Offline JillyNutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hi CWTCH

Thank you so much for replying.

I would be really grateful if you would do that - I am a member of a few of Romany boards on FB - ‘I Descend From Romany Gypsies’, ‘Romany Ancestry Uk‘ and ‘Friends who like Romany Heritage’, although I’ve only posted about Mona on I Descend from Romany Gypsies so far.

Thank you once again
Jilly

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi I was going to post this on Friends Who Like Romany Heritage but you have already posted there. Not sure what else to suggest to you...sorry
Moved to Florida in 1970